Rescue

Izuku looked up as the buzzer sounded.

  "All 178 people still standing, please return to the central area. Anyone who has been captured but not left the arena yet, please go into the building proper. You will be led to where you need to go." Mera's exhausted voice called out.

  Mirio, Tamaki and Nejire rejoined Izuku back in the centre building, which was still open to the air. Once all 178 students remaining gathered in the centre, Mera began to speak.

  "Congratulations on passing the first half of the exam.. but that was just the elimination round. The real test.."

  The model cities to the North, East, South and West were all engulfed in multiple explosions and collapsed.

  "..begins now. Here's the situation. Bombings have occured in four cities nearby to one another. Rescue civilians and save whatever is left of each city. The HUC will be acting as hurt civilians in this scenario. Please try to take this as seriously as possible. That is all. You have approximately 3 minutes to prepare." He finished with a yawn.

  Mirio was the de-facto leader during evasion/infiltration scenarios. Tamaki was the leader during combat, although he was still working on his confidence. Izuku was the leader during Rescue scenarios. Both his analytical mind and quirk were practically made for these kinds of scenarios.

  "LeMillion, scout the city to the North, locate civilians and get heroes suited to the job to get them out! Suneater, go East,  lift rubble, support the buildings still standing, carry civilians to wherever they're all being gathered. Nejire-Chan, go West. Scout above the city, look at precarious areas from above, give your perspective. I'll take the South. If anyone needs help, send it through the Comms."

  A few seconds after Izuku finished giving his orders, the buzzer went. Mirio dropped, Tamaki bounded, Nejire flew and Izuku leaped to their respective areas.

  Izuku raced ahead of the other hero students with Dark Cloak, reaching the city and immediately spreading his smoke over the area.

  One, two, six, twelve, nineteen civilians trapped in the rubble around him. The smoke solidified around the 'Victims', rising and pushing the rubble out of the way. Izuku gathered up all nineteen people and smiled at their shocked faces.

  "You don't need to worry, the heroes are here to help! Do any of you know of family members or other people that were around you at the time?" He asked gently.

  One small looking HUC worker pointed behind them, wailing quite convincingly.

  "M-my father! H-he was right beside me when the explosion happened!"

  Izuku nodded, giving him a small smile.

  "I'm sure your father will be fine. The other heroes will find him while I take you to the medical centre." He turned to the awed students behind him. "Would you please look inside the small corner shop a few streets over? I believe you'll find a man there."

  With that Izuku rose into the air and flew back to the middle of the arena, nineteen rescued civilians in tow.

  "No serious injuries other than this lady's broken leg. I've kept it stable with my smoke, but it will need to be set properly." Izuku told the students in the makeshift medical tent.

  None of the workers were actually hurt, but it was basic procedure to ask civilians about any injuries or whether they're hurt anywhere. The HUC worker had told him her leg 'stung like the backside of a wasp'.

  The moment he left the tent, his earpiece crackled.

  "Wisp! We've got an unstable building, with literally no support other than one kid with a minor stasis quirk! Everyone else is an offensive type emitter of some kind!" Nejire's voice came through.