Summer

It took Inko a day to figure it out.

  "Who is it?" She asked at dinner.

  "Who's what mum?" Izuku asked.

  "The girl. Or boy." She said.

  Izuku almost spat out his katsudon. Almost.

  "What? Why do you think that I..?"

  Inko giggled quietly.

  "Sweetie it's written all over your face. And I'm your mother, I can tell these things." She said. "So who is it?"

  "I already get teased enough by Mirio. Even Tamaki chips in occasionally! I don't need someone else embarrassing me about it." He grumbled childishly, picking at his dinner.

  "So Nejire isn't in on the secret?" Inko asked, a smile spreading across her face.

  Izuku froze, and Inko's smile grew wider.

  "Well then, I approve." She said.

  "Mum!"

_______

  Izuku slumped down onto the bench beside Mirio. He could see Nejire and Tamaki walking across the park to join them.

  "Mum figured it out. Took her a day." He said.

  Mirio shrugged with a smile.

  "That's how parents are. Our parents would probably get on like a house on fire. If they ever met."

  "We must never let that happen."

  "Agreed."

  Nejire and Tamaki sat on the bench either side of the two, Mirio's eyebrows doing an impression of a pair of caterpillars as Izuku's face coloured.

  "So, where are we going?" Nejire asked. "Is it fun? Will there be food?"

  "We're going..." Mirio said dramatically. "To the arcade!!"

  It was easy to figure out why Mirio chose the arcade. Quite a few of the games were older versions of the fighting games they played on Mirio's console.

  Of course All Might has always been stupidly OP, so Izuku was banned from using him in any of the games there too.

  They got lunch afterwards, and spent some time just wandering around Musutafu. They were all recognised from the Sports Festival, to Izuku's embarrassment.

  The quadrio spent most of the summer just going out to new places and hanging out. Sometimes one of them was busy with family, or had other plans, meaning their quadrio occasionally became a trio or duo.

  A few instances were fabricated by Mirio, who conveniently had some vague plans already while Tamaki had an appointment or was visiting his grandparents in Hosu.

  Consequently, Izuku and Nejire were left on their own at some point every week to hang out together. They had fun, but Izuku was a nervous wreck 70 percent of the time.

  Until the day before school resumed, when Mirio set up a final pseudo-date.

  SmokeMight: Why does my name insinuate a high All Might?

  LeTintin: lmao!

____

  SmokeMight: Park.

  LeTintin: ?

  SmokeMight: Park.

  LeTintin: Is this about your daaaate?