t h i r t y - t w o

Chapter- family bonding
Hayley's pov-

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of the constant beeping going on on a monitor, a small groan left my lips as my eyes adjusted to the light.

My whole body felt like it had been ran over with a truck 10 times, am I in heaven.

I thought out of everywhere I'd go to hell to be honest, I mean my last few seconds of consciousness I was plotting against my brother in are April fools coming up.

Or at least I think I was.

I pulled my body up the bed then took a full analyze of my surroundings, my eyes shot around the room as I took the semi familiar room in.

I've been here before, just not the one in the bed.

The pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invaded my wide awake nostrils which were also trying to welcome in air at the same time.

The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the beep beep sound you often hear in hospitals that indicates you're alive.

My eyes closed for a moment as dizziness took okay me, I began to feel my self slip out of consciousness once more but I was quick to shake myself back.

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me.

I glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white colour schemed hospital bedroom.

How long have I been here? I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened.

Then it all hits me with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts.

Ward.

He shot me.

The pain jolted throughout my body when I remembered the bullet piercing through my stomach.

Who brought me here? Out of impulse, my hand travels to my face, pressing the throbbing area on my right temple.

I felt a scar and flinched at the pain, must of been from when I crashed my car.

I tried to get up. Once I stepped on the cold, white tiles, I instantly fell back on to the bed.

My body, engulfed in pain as if objecting my decision to stand up. I lay there pathetically, waiting for the pain to wash away.

Staring at the ceiling, illuminated with a white fluorescent light.

Perhaps waiting for some help by the hospital staff.

I still didn't know how I got here, who took me here, how long I've been here.

"Mum" I whispered under my breath as I took in rigid gasps of air when I saw her talking to a nurse outside my door, more ales yelling than talking but she seems scared, I wonder why?

"Mum" I tried saying louder my voice was too raspy, it was dry and craving a drink to clear it.

My mother pointed at my door making me realize that the conversation was about me, a new face popped into view.

My dads.

He was holding my mother who was crying now falling onto her knees, she looks as if she was begging.

Why was she begging?

Tears unconsciously fell down my cheeks as I watched my mothers distressed face cry in front of the nurse, my farther following in suit.

"Dad." I said a little louder than before not gathering there attention though with the shut door, I began to grow annoyed that I was unable to talk to them.

"Mum!" I cried out this time, my mothers head snapped to my room with a shocked expression, she pulled herself off the floor and ran into the room when teaching me her arms wrapped themselves tightly around my shaking body.

"Hayley." She whimpered the feeling of her wet tears hitting my bare skin made goosebumps arise on my skin as I clung onto her tighter only to feel a bunch of arms now wrapped around me.

I lifted my head slightly away from my mother to see all of my family hugging me, I wouldn't of thought they'd all be here due to it being football season for my brothers.

And my parents are busy so it's unusual to see them here.

Are arms were wrapped tightly around one another's as are cries muffled together, "we love you Hayley." My littlest of sister Haisley sniffled.

I pulled away from my family then wrapped my arms around Haisley before removing my grip, "where's JJ?".

"I phoned all your friends, I couldn't get in touch with JJ but your friend Kiara said that she'll phone him and get him to come. He doesn't feel well." I nodded at her as a wide grin spread across my face.

I'm seeing my friends again.