Alone || 15

Jungkook's age in this chapter is 22. Y/n is the only child in her family, Jungkook is her aunt's son, which means that they are cousin brother and sister.

"I don't know what to do with this kid. Atleast wake up now y/n. It's 11 am"

Y/n got up, hearing her mom's usual scolding. Her hand moved to her head gradually and smacked on it, as she had a headache which was a result from last night crying.

"Don't scold me mom"

She mumbled to herself and sighed and stepped towards the washroom. Her eyes caught a framed picture of herself and Jungkook, who was her all time favourite brother out of others. Since she was the only child in her family, lonlyness became her friend. She used to be an introverter rather than an extroverter. She was 8 years old when Jungkook move to live with them for his study purposes. After ending his high school life, he entered a leading university in South Korea. Y/n was happy about his status, but the fact he's going to stay with her more time made her even more happy. Her deserted life finally met a drop of water to destroy her all lonlyness. She found that Jungkook is a really nice person, always love her, did anything to protect her and she felt secure around him. According to y/n, he knew her than her mom and dad did as they were too busy to find a time for her. He knew the time she want some personal space and he knew the time he wanted to support his little princess. In fact, he was the best brother to y/n, even they are not children of one mother.

When Jungkook went to visit his mother just 8 months ago, a pandemic popped out suddenly. Thousand of people died from it and restrictions imposed. Jungkook tried his best to return to y/n, but failed. The first few days were alright, but by the time y/n felt so stressed. She hadn't Jungkook anymore to speak with her or share anything. She did call him everyday, but she couldn't find that comfort in the call. "I miss you oppa" became her usual words. She was bit happy by thinking atleast her parents are with her, but making the situation worse Minjun and Jiho used to scold her even on small things. They seemed to be stressed as well, but that wasn't fair enough for getting scolded. Y/n used to cry alot in nights unlike before. Sometimes she worried about her negative feelings, but there were times that she felt to give up.

Y/n slowly stepped downstairs, ready to being scold again.

"Y/n? Look at the time now. When did you sleep last night?"

Y/n remained silent, as she also hadn't an idea about the time she slept last night. Her eyes fixed on the floor, tears filled in them.

"I'm asking you something y/n. Answer me"

"I-I have no idea dad"

Minjun got up and huffed at her, then stepped towards the car, saying that he need to buy some stuff that will need him.

"Y/n what's going on with you? Your teacher called me and..."

Y/n was too afraid to hear what her mom's going to say, but she hadn't no option either. We never can run away from the truth. It's always bitter.

"...she said you are not scoring well. You were the class topper aren't you? All you do nowadays is keep staring on that phone. I don't know what to do with you y/n. I guess I have told this enough times. Work hard than you are doing. Food is there, eat if you are hungry. I'm going to a meeting"

She said and got into the room for get ready. The restrictions on travelling is almost loosen, that made her went outdoor for a while, leaving y/n behind.

Y/n didn't uttered a single word, she just climbed up the staircase. Her eyes never looked up. Her mom's disappointed voice echoed in her mind in an unforgettable manner. After minutes she was welcomed by her boring room again, she stepped inside. She didn't want to cry anymore because she was too tired from it. She sighed deeply and stared at the ceiling while many thoughts engulfed her. Suddenly her phone ranged, a smile appeared from her by seeing it's Jungkook.