↠𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑑

...𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑑...

0:58 ──♡───── 3:47

𝐀 ballroom of this size deserves to be hosting kings and queens—not college students. 

When you and Guren first stepped inside the large hall that was filled with people of all kinds, you felt a bit out of place. Suddenly your dress felt too short, your hair seemed messy, your makeup overdramatic. You wanted to run and hide in the bathroom, but Guren held onto your waist tightly.

"Stop overthinking. You look absolutely amazing," he says, distracting your thoughts.

You look up at him, only to find him staring straight ahead. "How did you know—"

"Have you forgotten that we've been friends for years?" he asks, looking at you from out of the corner of his eye. "We've told each other a lot of things and I've come to observe your mannerisms. You're kind of easy to read."

His words cause you to slightly blush. "If I'm being completely honest, sometimes I do forget we're friends. Our dynamic in high school is so different from how it is now. We only became friends because of Shinya. And now—"

"Now look at us, united against Shinya," he lightly laughs. "I hope you know you can never be friends with him again," Guren says, now staring at you intently.

"I don't plan on it. He actually asked for us to be friends again, but there's no way in hell I'd be friends with him. The first rule of dating: Don't be friends with your cheating ex!" you firmly nod.

"Never heard that rule but it sounds about right. What's the first rule for hookups? Something about ghosting them forever? But look at us! Together at an event for my major." he smiles brightly. You take time to notice how straight and pretty his teeth are.

You continue to stare at him and then laugh. "You're right, but I'm still not talking to Shinya."

"Neither am I," he says, suddenly becoming serious. "Anyway, should we dance?"

"Guren Ichinose, do you know how to dance?" you ask, staring at him curiously.

"Of course. A classy man like me knows more than you could imagine," he says with his nose high in the air.

"Hmm." you squint hard at him, trying to see through his lie. 

His head whips in your direction. "What?"

"I'm sure I just saw your nose grow a centimeter!" you say, bopping the tip of his nose.

"Tch. Please," he says, shooing your hand. "You know what you can make grow—"

"Okay!" you shout, putting your hand over his mouth. "Let's go dance now!"

"Sounds good," he smiles brightly, grabbing your hand and guiding you two to the dance floor.