I Wouldn't Even If On Accident

I couldn't imagine leaving him. His brown eyes pleaded with me and they conjured up tears.

His nails had dug into my skin to the point that I was bleeding and I couldn't lay in his bed bleeding. I quickly located their first aid kit.

When I entered the room again, he was awake. Tears ran down his red face, and his eyes were empty, almost like an abyss. Caleb stared past the ceiling. He was in his mind hiding. I quietly walked over to the bed.

I pushed his torso aside to make a little space for me. His eyes glided from the ceiling to me. He blinked before shuffling over with the little strength he had left.

For the first couple of minutes, we laid next to each other. I didn't dare say a word. My mouth got me in trouble too often. He was vulnerable.

We were fragile and cautious.

Then he shifted closer to me. Just an inch, but that inch felt like a mile. It felt like we were circling around the things we wanted to say. The only thing that felt right was for me to do something. To prove myself with physical actions. I meant that in the most platonic way possible.

He needed to know that I cared but not just sexually. He wasn't a play thing nor a toy. I cared about him more than I thought I ever would. I was accustomed to all of the barricades he put up and to see him so defenseless was heart shattering.

I hoisted him up and laid his trembling body on top of mine. He quickly made himself comfortable. His head cradled itself in my neck and his legs tangled with mine. I wrapped one of my arms around his waist and the greatest piece of heaven settled into my bones. Almost like pure delirium started to pump throughout my veins the moment out skin touched. The intimacy was intense yet relaxing.

We slept like that, wrapped in our own world of comfort.