Chapter Two

----------------------------------

I live Motherfuckers!

----------------------------------

A tiny sense of who I am underneath the flow of thoughts emerged from the carousel of thoughts, their shaky ties to my waking existence flickering like an ember. After a few seconds, I begin to analyse them in a haphazard manner, wondering if these thoughts are supposed to be saved or scrapped for the next night. Some are written as if they were taken from a novel I once read, while others were spontaneous and ridiculous.

They vanish in an instant, leaving no trace. There is no bread crumb trail back to them if they are still in my brain. My eyes open to reveal a bleak room. Beyond the thin veil, a bright ray of light sneaks through. I close my eyes again, hoping for the carousel to return, for my mind to return to dreams, but it doesn't. The responsibilities of the day are now activated.

I am awake, and there is no going back. I cast a peek at the meaningless clock on the wall, which is quietly ticking, and reach out to literally turn back time so I may sleep longer. I used to be able to get up at dawn with only minor inconvenience; now it was a habit instilled in me by the nurses so that I could swiftly complete my daily tests, take my medicine, and go to physiotherapy.

Why bother waking me up so early if I wasn't the sole patient in the hospital? Allow me to slumber quietly in my melancholy sleep until the end. I needed sleep to process the previous day, to have wild creative dreams that processed a bizarre wonderland of knowledge.

"It's time to- oh, you're awake, Miss Carter." Sam peered through the private room door and discovered something unexpected. The small woman, standing at the standard Wattpad protagonist height, smiled cheerfully as she approached the uncomfortable hospital bed. "Another night of bad dreams? Would you like to discuss them?"

"You're just asking because you want to talk about another one of your sex fantasies," I grumbled, suffocating myself with the crinkly pillow. Sam huffed in mock hurt before ripping my pillow away. I fumbled for it, but the girl just slipped it under the single chair and drew a clipboard from her ass.

"Today marks the six-month anniversary of your hospitalization and the one-month anniversary of your waking up," the girl was more excited than I was. "Aren't you pleased? "

"Yipee"

Sam furrowed her brow at my tone and huffed again, reaching out and flicking my brow. I whacked at her thigh, and she squealed and bolted from the room, yelling back threats. I sat up, stroked the flesh on my arms, and looked down at my tiny legs. The body's muscle and fat had degenerated, leaving behind sickly pale skin with flashing blue veins.

Though the hospital staff tried to help me regain some fat, the food was horrid and left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, it turns out this body is both gluten and dairy free. Even if I tried, I was more likely to shit out the food than store it for fat.

I rose slowly and made my way to the adjoined bathroom by using the wall. Able to walk fine thanks to psychotherapy but sometimes I got lightheaded. I attempted to ignore my image in the mirror while doing my business and washing my hands at the sink, but I couldn't help but look.

No matter how many times I checked, I still couldn't get used to seeing someone else's face. With her pointed nose, high-cheekbones, ruddy lips, and deep blue eyes. A face that wasn't my own and yet was mine from here-on-out. I played with the thick strands of brown hair, wondering if I should cut them short or have them dyed.