Chapter Thirty-Two

------------------------

Boy Stuff

------------------------

The sun was an annoying and purposefully bright ball of stupid light. With its gross yellow glow that burned into their eyes. Damien and Jason were ready to go on a quest to destroy the sun. Even if it killed them trying.

The sun, sensing the hostility, decided to shine brighter. Because burning balls of gas are somehow petty like that.

"Stupid fucking sun with its dumb light," Jason hissed. Rubbing his aching eyes. His hand slipped down his face, getting scratched by light stubble growing on his chin.

"Stop shouting," Damien mumbled beside him. Pressing his palms into his temple. A migraine pounding against his skull. Drumming a rhythm of pain and suffering.

"I'm not," Jason grumbled back. It was true. He was barely speaking above a whisper with how hoarse his voice was. Dry and scratchy from screaming and shouting all night. Plus there was a persistent sour tang that refused to leave his mouth no matter how many mints he ate. Every word he spoke he has forced him into tasting this morning's bile all over again.

"Then why is everything ringing?" Damien scrunched his face in obvious pain before letting out a long groan. "I'm never drinking with you ever again."

"You are the one who got crazy competitive over shots. That hangover is your fault, not mine dipshit," Jason snarled back.

"Only because you pressed me about not being man enough. Never put down a challenge you can't complete," Damien glared. "We only drew because the bartender refused to serve us more."

"For once I'm glad my tab was shut down. If we continued anymore into the morning I think we'd be six feet under by now," Jason attempted a short laugh but only gaged when bile crept up his throat.

"It would be much appreciated if you would direct all vomit into the provided buckets beside you," Alfred Pennyworth entered the dining room where the two were bickering.

"Sure thing Penny," Jason gave a thumbs up. Picking up the said bucket and hugging it in his lap. "All ready to go."

"Indeed," Alfred could only let out a short sigh before turning to the youngest master. "Would you like another cup of tea Young Master Damien?" He asked with a light incline of his head.

"No thank you Pennyworth," Damien waved his hand in dismissal. "I'll be fine with just this," he then directed his attention to the small array of carbs. Feeling his stomach growl in what was either hunger or warning.

"Very good," the diligent butler turned away and left the room. Hopeful that upon his return there wouldn't be any toxic human waste for him to clean up. It really wasn't an easy task.

Damien and Jason, upon being shooed away by Jocelyn, did exactly as she instructed. They went out into the crowded streets of Gotham. Wondering through shopping malls, parks, back alleys, and even bars. Dragging one another's patience through the roof and quickly realizing just why they were kicked out.

It was over drinks that they began to talk about things. The more they drank What, the more open and honest they became. What kind of things did they talk about? Anything really. Generally just wanting to catch up with the other's life and bonding over shared interests and experiences.