Chapter Seven

------------------------------------

Lights, Camera

------------------------------------

As night turned to day and a soft glow befell the city of Gotham, a new chapter began.

Ronan was making breakfast, a combination of banchan (Korean side dishes). The male was exhausted, his hips sore, and his body bruised. A long night I sat at the dining table, my head resting on the dark wood, listening to the sizzle of vegetables roasting on a hot pan.

"So, whore, how did you sleep? Oh, wait, I forgot, you were so busy screaming and moaning that you couldn't sleep" I spat, my mouth was as salty as a salt shaker. Ronan muffled out a cursed reply, flipping me off. "What is the purpose of having rules if you ain't going to follow them?"

Seriously, warn a sister if you're gonna have a slumber party

"I told you to wear headphones or leave the house" Ronan called over his shoulder, plating some deep-fried cucumbers.

"No you didn't, I woke up to some dude storming into my bathroom to borrow some towels," I defended. It scared the shit out of me. Some fucking tall ginger was whispering apologies as he stumbled across my room in the dark, rustling in my bathroom before walking out with my nice fluffy towels in hand. "He took the embroidered ones too."

"I'll wash them and give them back."

"No, please just give them a proper burial." I sighed, rubbing a hand through my grubby hair. I was going to have a shower, but all the towels in the house were used. Maybe I could use some shirts as a makeshift head towel?

"Can you help plate everything?" Ronan called once everything was cooked. I got up, pulling the end of the oversized shirt further down my butt. Not that Ronan cared if he saw my underwear, he was dressed the same. "Are those the new ones you bought?" he asked, pointing to the peeking black lace.

"Yeah, they were on sale, surprisingly comfy." I shrugged, pointing down to his and asked the same question. He looked down, lifting up his blue shirt to look down at the red fitted briefs that had a similar laced-edge design to mine.

"Present from Alex", he neatly displayed a couple of small plates and bowls before pulling out his seat and sitting down. I watched hungrily as he passed me a bowl of rice, the cold steel in my hands contrasting with the steam that hit my face.

"Which one? Hot Alex or baby-faced Alex?" I raised an eyebrow, using some metal chopsticks to eat some spicy bean sprout salad. The cold crunch of the bean sprouts had a neutral effect on the mixed spiced sauce.

"Neither, the one who gave you that huge box with all the different soju flavors," I pondered for a hot minute before recalling an image of a young and stoic male.

"Oh! The client with the cheating husband? I remember, poor guy." 

The male was from a tragic family background. His mother was killed by her husband's mistress and then moved in with her son. Not only did the mistress manipulate Alex's dad into hating him, but the illegitimate son coveted everything that belonged to Alex. Eventually, the brother even convinced Alex's husband that Alex had abused him and his mother as a child, leading to the husband cheating with the scum brother. Ronan was hired to reveal everything. I even helped by becoming friends with the mistress and getting her drunk enough to confess to years of abuse and even murder.

It was super messy, but damn, was it worth seeing that family go to shit. Alex thanked us with a shit ton of gifts, ranging from soju to clothes, to a weekend spa getaway. It seems like he took a liking to Ronan as well. The underwear was sexy. No homo... incest? IDK.