Chapter Thirty-Three

-------------------------------

Girl Stuff

-------------------------------

Jocelyn had done many things in Gotham. Many exhilarating, dangerous, and possibly suicidal things. Such as fighting alien threats, falling in love, and actually dying. You would think she'd be used to putting her life on the line and doing dumb shit alongside those she cares about.

Going on a secret girls-only mission involving a black market and its high-end customers. Disguising as rich ladies with a taste for all things foreign and stolen. Acting as inside eyes and ears to gain intel on those crazy enough to spend millions. Risking exposure and death all because Stephanie batted her eyelashes and said "pretty please".

Yeah, our heroine really doesn't know when to say no, does she?

The call came during a particularly nice cuddle session with Bruce. Where she was the big spoon and Bruce was the little spoon. What? Even though muscle men need to be treated like a Lil princess sometimes.

Babs briefly explained that she needed a favor and that Jocelyn could say no if she wasn't comfortable with the idea. Jocelyn, childishly excited that someone wanted her help, all but begged Bruce to drop her off and the woman's apartment. Bruce was all too happy to oblige to the girl's desires.

Cassandra and Stephanie were glad to see Jocelyn. Spending a few hours catching up with the girl and sharing gossip before Babs began the briefing.

Babs had been tasked with gaining info on a black market auction taking place in Gotham's elitist circle. A classy event full of snobby clients and their crude tastes in stolen goods from around the world.

From the weeks of planning. Babs had gathered enough information to understand what kinds of goods would be up for action, as well as their potential buyers.

The idea was that Cassandra and Stephanie were to infiltrate the event via their inside informant and gain enough picture evidence to ensure the takedown is successful. A police raid will take place and all evidence is meant to be shared with the GPD.

The GPD had tried to take down this black market before but all evidence had been destroyed in the process. Not wanting it to happen again, Babs set this plan in motion in partnership with the GPD.

However, a few days ago, their inside informant was seen talking to Stephanie and now security has been upgraded by half a dozen guns. Without someone inside to cover Cassandra's back, things could get more dangerous than originally planned.

"You really don't have to do this if you aren't willing. It's a big thing to ask and we can always find another way of working things out," Cass comforted Jocelyn.

"If we stay close together, I think I'll be fine. But may I ask, why didn't you consult any of the boys?" Jocelyn inquired.

"Everyone's identity is checked at the doors. Cassandra hasn't been to enough Wayne events to be recognized but the boys have. Though they won't be suspected of being spies, it will be all eyes on them. And we can't risk the extra attention," Babs explained.