Chapter Fourteen

------------------------------------------

Blanket Fort

------------------------------------------

     Jocelyn POV

------------------------

Tim had very quickly weaseled his way back into my heart. As well as my home. It didn't take much either. Tim offered Ronan a deal that the man couldn't refuse. This was the kind of deal that made no sense to me, but to Ronan, it was like a jackpot. In exchange for searching/stalking gay dating sites and helping Ronan find trustable dates, Tim gets to come to the apartment as much as he likes. It seemed to very much please Ronan to have a new batch of unsuspecting victims.

Thus Tim began running around the apartment like a headless chicken. Banging into walls and stubbing his toes as he scuttled around. He was attempting to do miscellaneous tasks and busy his hands to prove himself useful. Attempting is the keyword here.

It started with the laundry. In my book, it was nothing too difficult. But alas, clothing shrunk, whites turned grey, and whole sweaters disappeared. Also, we no longer own socks. I tried to help, to show him how to sort colors and specific materials. But he was having none of it, arguing that as a guest in the apartment, he needed to contribute.

It was cute to see him try so hard. Even though it drove me crazy when he destroyed my favorite dress. 

Not to mention his cooking. Tim would spend hours and hours making a single dish because it had to be perfect. Don't get me wrong, he isn't too bad a cook. It's just that by the time it is ready to eat, half the kitchen is trashed and Ronan and I are eating pizza.

I could tell it bummed him out. To try his best and yet fall short of the mile-high expectations he set for himself. But I didn't expect much in the first place. Frankly, all I wanted was to have Tim around. It was nostalgic and kind of therapeutic to turn around the corner and see his sleepy face smiling at me. To stumble over coffee mugs and watch him pass out from sleep deprivation. We didn't need him to clean and cook, nor dust and organize. Tim could simply sit there and look pretty, and I'd give him a cookie for a job well done.

"Jocelyn?" the precious baby's voice called out from his blanket fort. Ronan and one of his many lovers built it around Tim while he was sleeping. The two males have way too much fun creating an absolute mess in the lounge. Tim didn't seem to mind when he woke up swaddled like a baby, all he did was turn on his laptop and continue working.

"Yeah, Timmy?" I poked my head under a draping sheet. His sharp, lean features were enhanced by the glowing screen. His eye bags are darker than his coffee – oop it's empty. Grabbing the steaming coffee jug, I pushed aside some sheets and knelt beside him. His body was nestled into a beanbag, looking very cute with his stained pajamas and fuzzy slippers. I poured the black soul juice into his mug and watched him drink it, his pupils visibly shaking, and I swear I could hear his heartbeat.

Yeah, that's not healthy

"Cookie?" I offered, already rummaging around in my little fanny pack. Ever since he started living in the apartment, which has only been three days, I've kept a little pack with me. Inside are things like moisturizer (because his skin is dry as fuck), a sleep mask, coffee-flavored candy, and snacks. I pulled out a chocolate chip cookie and held it near his mouth. He was quick to inhale the baked treat, munching away happily.