1.

[edited]

(world star interlude - joji)

(Rue's dialogue is in italics)

My mother, Leslie, had three children. Ray, Gia, and Me. I wasn't really close to gia after my dad died but it was different with Ray. We grew even closer.

Ray wasn't the type of girl that'd be a cheerleader like Maddy and Cassie, no, Ray at first glance is that she's quiet and kept to her self, But if you really knew her then you'd know shes a laid back girl that would be your biggest supporter. That's if you don't get on her bad side..

"Rue! Get your ass out of bed! It's time for school." I yelled, pulling the blanket off of rue. She wasn't asleep, instead she just laid there watching some dumbass reality tv show on her laptop.

" I'm- I'm up. I, Uh, actually I don't really feel so good. Maybe I can stay home today?" I shook my head and walked out of the room. " You just wanna stay home because you stayed up all night watching that show. Get dressed."

" Hey, can we stop at the store before school ?!" Rue yelled as she slowed down her bike so she could look at me. "I guess?"

We finally make it to the shop. The ginger leaned against the wall, smoking a cigarette.
" What's up, fez." He nodded his head and blew some smoke out of his mouth. " What's good, Rue? Oh, and Ray." I wave at him, a small smile on my face. " Is, Uh, Ash in the back?" He nodded. I watched rue walk away in confusion. ' who the hell is ash?' . I shrugged my shoulders and pulled out my vape.

" Ain't you to young to be doing that?" I furrowed my eyebrows. " Aren't you too old to be in my business?" He chuckled awkwardly. "My bad, lil mama."

"I wasn't tryna be rude but.." He opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it when Rue came back. " Ready to go?" I nodded, glancing at the ginger.

School went by pretty fast. I hated it but my mom always stressed to me that if I wanted to have a good job when I got older than I need to get my education. I rolled my eyes at the thought. All I wanted to do is become a tattoo artist and this school doesn't teach me shit about that. The bell ringing broke me out of my thoughts.

'beep'

I looked down at my phone. Rue's contact popped up.

Rue:
hey I'm going home with jules tn. You gonna be able to walk home alone?

Me: 
Yeah ofc
Don't worry

Rue:
okay cool. Can you stop by fez's shop and grab some milk? I forgot to pick some up yesterday

I sighed as I pocketed my phone. She always has me running her errands. I eventually make it to the store. I hopped off my bike and walked into the empty store. A kid, around my age, sat behind the counter. He had this rude look on his face. I matched his energy, giving him a mean look of my own. I find the milk and sit it  on the counter. " $4.41." He said, his voice sounded like a mumble. I cup my ear, hoping this will magically make my hearing better.
" Huh?" He groaned. " What are you, fucking deaf or something? I said $4.41"

" You don't have to be so fucking rude. ." I scoff and threw him a five dollar bill, grabbing the bag and leaving

{Ashtray}

" Whatever." I glare at the back of her head as she walked away. What a dumbass. She didn't even get her change. I go back to bagging the weed in the back room but my mind kept thinking about that girl. Probably because she was annoying as fuck.

{Ray}

That guy was such a asshole. I felt his glare on the back of my head and barley resisted the urge to flip him off. Instead i took the high road, hopping on my bike and leaving peacefully. Rue texted me and told me that there was gonna be a party and that I should go. I agreed only because Rue promised me that she'd get me some weed.

Once I got home I began getting ready. If I'm going to a party I might as well be the best looking girl there.

I slip on my dress and pair it with lace up heels

I slip on my dress and pair it with lace up heels. I style my hair, slicking the front and leaving the back lose and curly. I look at myself in the mirror, feeling satisfied with my outfit. I haven't been out on in a while so it felt nice to dress up a bit. I looked over at the clock and it was almost ten. I did some simple makeup, added my accessories and left the house.

The party was loud. People were dancing and making out on the front lawn. I headed for the door, taking in my environment. My eyes landed on a familiar face. I couldn't place it at first until his eyes met mine. It was the boy from the store. He noticed it was me and rolled his eyes. I groan and brush pass him.

I find eventually Rue, who was talking with Fez. " What's up, ray." I smiled . " Nothing much. How 'bout you, ginger?" He chuckled, clutching his stomach. " What's so funny?" I question. I look to Rue for help but she ran off.  " Nothing. It's just, i like the nickname."

I nod. I barely even noticed that I started calling him that. "Hey, did you hire a new cashier?" Fez took a hit of his blunt. He blew the smoke out and shook his head. " Nah, why?" I furrowed my eyebrows. " Then who was that kid working there." Fez's mouth turned into a 'O'. " Ohh, you mean Ashtray? Nah, he's my lil' brother. That's the homie, for real." He passes the blunt. " Well your brother is a dick." I took a drag, then ghosted it. " Nah he's cool, you'll see."