20.

[edited]

[yeah right - joji]

"Ray!"

I opened my eyes, the sun blinding me. "What?" I groggily sat up. Rue stood at the foot of my bed, a cigarette in the corner of her mouth. "You gotta get the fuck out of this bed. I have so much shit to tell you. And- and your not gonna believe it. I mean your mind is gonna be blown. I fucking cracked the code." I rolled my eyes.

"Rue. What the actual fuck are you talking about." I rubbed my temples. "And since when do you smoke cigarettes?" Rue shook her head. "Your worrying about the wrong things. I figured it out." I took a deep breath. "Get out of my room. I'm in a really bad mood. Not to mention I have the worst hangover." Rue sat down beside me.

"You're drinking? Shit. It's about Ashtray, isn't it." I raised an eyebrow. "How'd you know? You talked to him?" She nodded. "I can't tell you what he said but, yeah I did ." I threw my head back into the pillows behind me. "Ugh, it's all too complicated. Maybe I'm supposed to be alone." Rue sighed. " I'm not like the best when it comes to relationships but, if you really like him then you should talk to him and fix things. Or, you can find someone new to mess around with. Up to you." I shoved her, laughing. "That's pretty good advice." She shrugged. "May-" her phone interrupted her. "It's Lexi. I gotta go."

After rue left I stumbled out of my room,. Slowly making my way through the house I made it to my destination. The kitchen. Not paying too much attention I grabbed a glass cup, filling it with cold water. I drew a smiley face in the condensation.

"Uh, Ray!" I looked up. My mother sat on the couch, a white man beside her. "Who's that." I asked after swallowing the rest of my water. " Well, this is Rick. He's my new boyfriend." Those words hit me like a shit ton of bricks. "I see. Hey, Rick." He nodded. "You do realize your just a placeholder for my dead dad, right?." "Ray! That's not appropriate and completely untrue." I rolled my eyes. "You know I'm right." And without another word I turned around, going back into my room.

I guess me not answering the first ten times wasn't enough for Ashtray because he wouldn't stop calling.

"What."

"You answered?!"

"Yeah.. just to tell you to stop calling."

"C'mon, ma. We gotta talk about things. It's really not what you think."

"Don't fucking call me, 'ma'. Don't act like you haven't been lying to me. I will always trust my gut feeling. It's never been wrong."

"I'm not fuckin- I'm not lying. If you'd just let me explain."

I took a second to think. Maybe I'm being irrational. I should let him explain.

"Fine. Explain it then."

"No, I meant in person."

"Ugh, fine. Tomorrow. At the shop."

"Thank you, ma."

"Mhm."

I hung up the phone. "He better tell me the truth." Of course in my heart I wanted to believe Ashtray. I wanted to trust him.

I can trust him..can't I?