7.

[edited]

[gone,gone / thank you- tyler, the creator]

My sleep was interrupted by the sound of  yelling. They always got into screaming matches. They were so loud I was able to hear them through the headphones. I rolled my eyes. I began to hear banging and slamming. I stood up and ran to the living room. Rue held her cheek and Mom stood beside her, her breath sounded heavy. Gia was sitting on the floor crying. " What..happened?" Rue chuckled. " Mother of the fucking year." Rue said sarcastically as she stomped away.

Mom and Gia eventually calmed down, as we all returned to our rooms. The house was dead silent. The silence allowed the dark thoughts to come."I can't stand being in this house anymore." I slid off my bed and walked toward my desk. I sat down on the rolling chair. I took my phone out of my pocket.

me:

yoo ash

ash :) :

wsp ?

me:

are you guys busy?

ash :) :

nah we jus chilling at the store
Y?

me:

can I come sit w you guys at the shop?

ash :) :

sure but imma put yo ass to work

me:

bett I'll be a better worker than you

ash :) :

nah ain't no way yo lazy ass gone work better then me

I giggled and turned off my phone. I got dressed and applied a tiny bit of makeup to my face.

I grabbed my hat and my back pack which held my vape and weed

I grabbed my hat and my back pack which held my vape and weed. I added a extra pair of clothes from my closet. I hopped out my window and slid my head phones on. Tyler, the creator started playing. I smiled. I'm glad a good song played. The walk to the store felt shorter than normal but i then realized it was because I was walking faster than normal. I was excited. Excited to see ginger, to see ash, to be out of the house.

"Yoooo!" I yelled, taking my hat off. Fez smiled brightly when he saw me. " What's up, ma." I smiled softly at the nick name. I gave ginger a big hug. " Hey, ash." Ash just stared at ginger, his face stone cold. "Ay, is ash okay?" I asked ginger. He shrugged.

{Ashtray}

Fez and Ray began whispering to each other. I felt my face heat up as I got more and more jealous. I shouldn't be jealous. I know fez doesn't mean it like that but I just can't explain it. I just continued to watch Fez and Ray talk. Ray looked so pretty. Her smile was so beautiful. I felt myself begin to smile.

" Oooh, look at that handsome smile." Ray teased, pinching my cheeks. " And don't forget them dimples!" Fez egged ray on making her pinch me harder. " Ray, I swear to good if you don't let me the fuck go. I'll beat yo fucking ass." Ray smirked. " Beat who?" She looked around. "You can't be talking to me. I'm older than you. Didn't they tell you to respect your elders?" I roll my eyes. " By like a year." She shrugged. " So? Still older." I turned to fez.

" Why you egg her on, man. You're dead wrong." Fez chuckled and left to go smoke a cigarette.

{Ray}

I pulled out my vape. " You wanna hit this?" Ash squinted at me. "Don't nobody want to hit some flavored air." I ignored him and continued puffing on my vape. " Wanna get high?" This time ash smiled.

" Is that even a question?" I grabbed my backpack and pulled out my weed and blunts. I began rolling a blunt when fez returned. " Y'all was gone smoke with out me. Damn, that's cold." We all laughed.

"So, I did a kick flip but the landing was a bit shaky. So what?" It had been an hour later. We filled the time with conversation. Me and fez were telling ash about our first time hanging out.

" Nah, yo ass skinned your whole ass leg. You had blood leaking everywhere." I grimaced just thinking about it. " Yeah. That shit was painful as fuck." Ash just nodded. " Y'all known each other for 2 years and you never introduced me?" Ash asked fez. Fez just shrugged but ash countined to send fez a glare.

" Damn. It's getting late. You want a ride home?" I shook my head. "Uh, I was wondering if I could stay with you guys. Just for the weekend. Some shit happened at home and I'd rather not be there right now." Fez had this worried look on his face. It made me second guess the idea of staying at their place.

"I, uh, I'm sorry that was a dumb idea." I stood up and walked to the door, my back facing the two. " I'll see you guys tomorrow." I felt my throat tighten. Another night where I have to listen to the the cries of my mother. I hate having her room directly next to mine. I began to push the door open but a hand clasped around my wrist. I snapped my neck to look behind me.

" Nah, ma. You can stay with us. You can stay when ever you want." It was Ash. He had this loving expression on his face. I smiled softly. " For real? Like seriously?" Fez walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder. " Of course. Your family, and we stick together." I looked at Ash and Fez. They stared at me, almost unsure of what to do.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I cluelessly asked, touching my cheek. That's when I felt the wetness. The salty tears. Tears I haven't seen in such a long time I almost forget I had the ability to make them. Ash didn't say anything, instead he just hugged me. Hugged me so tight I thought I would burst if he hugged me any tighter. This made the water flow heavier. The tears were like a waterfall. I made no sounds, not a sob or a whine. I just stood there, engulfed in Ash's arms. Eventually Fez joined. He hugged the both of us. And for a second, i could've sworn he was crying too. I never hugged back. I wanted to, don't get me wrong. I just was frozen, in time, I was deep in the dissociative part of my brain. A part I had pushed back a long time ago. They brought it out of me.

No, he, brought it out of me. For better or for worst....

an: hey, so this chap was pretty emotional. I'm sorry if it triggered any of you guys. I, strangely, enjoy writing sad stuff so expect more of that. There will be happier moments. Thank you for reading.