22.

[edited]

[trust - brent fayiaz]

I put my keys into the lock, taking a deep breath before entering my house. I traveled through the halls, eventually making it to Gia's room.

"Hey." She looked up. I could tell she already knew what I wanted to talk about. "Come in." She patted the bed beside her. I entered the room but didn't sit down.

"He told me everything." She didn't look me in my eyes, instead focusing on the floor. "Why didn't you tell me?" She shook her head. "How could I tell my sister that I kissed her boyfriend?" I rolled my eyes. "You could've told me. You know I would've been mad but I'd eventually forgive you , but instead you decided it'd be better to lie to me for weeks ." She didn't say anything. She just sat there, fiddling with her fingers.

"Nothing to say?" I scoffed at her silence. "Are you're in love with him?" She opened her mouth to defend herself but quickly closed it. I roughly nodded. "Did you kiss him before or after I told you we were dating." She looked up, tears in her eyes. "Huh?" I slammed my hands down onto her table. "You  heard me. Did you kiss him before or after I told you we were dating?!" She leapt up, hugging me, her sobs muffled by my shirt. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't think.. I wasn't thinking." I stood there, frozen from anger.

"Get off of me." She backed away, wiping away her tears. "Please, I'm so sorry." I looked away, tears sliding down my face. I walked past her, stopping in the doorway. "Ray! Please.." I opened the door and left, slamming it behind me. In the hallway stood Rue, high as a fucking kite. "Uh, what was that all about?" I wiped my face. "Nothing. Where are you going?" She smiled a toothy grin. "Nevermind. I already know it has something to do with Jules." Rue rolled her eyes. "I gotta go." I nodded, smiling. "Have fun." She gave me a quick hug and ran out the door.

I went into my room, sitting on my bed. My phone began ringing.

"Hello."

"Hey, uh, ray?"

It's was fez.

"What's up?" I tried to sound as normal as I could.

"Wanna take a ride?"

"What?"

"Come outside." I heard a honk.

"Give me five minutes."

I hung up, throwing my phone down. I quickly changed, putting on a matching grey crop top and baggy sweatpants.

 I quickly changed, putting on a matching grey crop top and baggy sweatpants

I walked outside, the air cold and crisp. I looked around, finally spotting Fez's car. I hopped in the passenger seat. The car was clouded, smoke filling every crevice.

"Jeez, I can barely see anything. What are you tryna do, hotbox me to death." He chuckled. "Nah. I thought maybe you'd wanna go on a ride. Y'know get out the house." I nodded softly. "So he told you." Fez looked at me and it was written all over his face. "Yeah. I'm sorry, lil sis. He should've told you sooner." I shrugged. "Whatever. I don't wanna think about it anymore." He nodded, passing the blunt to me. I gratefully grabbed it.

"Where are we going?" Fez shrugged, turning the corner. "I dunno. Im just driving." I nodded. Silence took over the car. "She knew. She fucking knew and still kissed him." Fez frowned. "She loves him. How can I get over that? How can I forgive her?" Fez kept his eyes on the road. "Everyone makes mistakes, Y'know. You can't be mad at her forever. Not saying you have to forgive her anytime soon either but shit, at the end of the day, she's your sister. Plus she's still a little kid." I rolled my eyes. "Fuck that. She knew better. " Fez chuckled, shrugging. "What about Ash.. I can't even trust him anymore. What type of relationship is that.?" Fez didn't reply instead he hugged me.

"I don't know the answer to that but I'm sure what ever decision you make will the right one."