5.

[edited]

[do I wanna know- arctic monkeys]

{Ray}

After we payed for our weed we left Ginger's house. Of course mom and Gia were super worried about us when we didn't come home after school but I came up with a quick lie.

"We stayed after school at the library"

Rue went straight to her room but I stayed in the living room. I played on my phone, not paying too much attention but after a few minutes I heard someone talking. It was muffled so I followed the sound. It lead me to Gia's room. Her door was slightly cracked, making it possible to see and hear what was going on in the room.

"Yeah, wanna meet up?" Gia said, her voice cheery and high pitched.

I can admit, it's pretty nosy of me to ease drop but I didn't care.

"Okay, talk to you later. Bye, Ash." My eyes widened. She was talking to Ash? I shook off my surprise and knocked on the door. " Shit. Come in!" Gia shouted. I opened the door and walked into the room. "So, as the older sister, I invoke my right to be nosy. Who was that on the phone? Is it a boy?" Gia blushed and rolled her eyes. " There isn't any right to invoke. Your just nosy." I fake pouted. "Fine. Yes it was a boy." I smiled brightly. "Spill." I sat beside her on the bed.

" So, do you remember when I came up to you at lunch?" I nod. " Mhm, yeah, keep going." She smiled nervously. " That boy sitting next you was in a few of my classes so I asked him if he wanted to be friends. He agreed and now we're pretty close." I smile softly. My heart ached slightly when I noticed the giddy smile on her face.

"Thats..that's wonderful. Do you like him? Like 'like' him?" She shook her head. " No..yes? I don't know. We just met so maybe after we hang out this weekend I'll know for sure.." I nod, giving her a warm hug. " Well, let me know. I can hook you guys up." I throat felt sore and my stomach churned.

Why does it hurt to hear that?

The next few days were pretty chill. Rue and I went to Ginger's house a few times. Each time I made sure to avoid Ash and when I did have to talk to him I made sure to keep it short. Today, however, I had to have a full conversation.

"All you gotta do is take a few buds and place it in the scale. Ain't too hard." I nodded as he demonstrated. " Then once the scale says 3.5 you put it in these bags. Make sure you seal them." I nodded again, staring at my lap. " You good?" I nod again.

{Ashtray}

I couldn't put my finger on it but Ray seemed different, distant. I asked if she was good but all she did was nod. "I'm not gonna waste my time fucking teaching you if your just gonna not pay attention." She frowned and I instantly felt guilty. " Are you friends with Gia." My eyes widened slightly before going back to normal. Gia probably told her. "Yeah, and what about it." Do you like her? Like as more than friends?" I shrug my shoulders. " Not really. She's cool but I'm not interested in dating." I lied. I'm interested in dating, just not Gia. No offense. Ray smiled but then frowned. " Okay, well don't lead her on. You better not hurt my baby sister." I smiled. " I won't." Rue and Fez came back and told us it was time for them to go. " Bye, ash." My name sounded so pretty leaving her mouth.

Why did I have to catch feelings for her?

An: hey guys! I know the chap is short but the next one will be pretty lengthy. Do you prefer longer or shorter chaps?