41: Keen Escape

⊱⋅ ─ 41: KEEN ESCAPE

If Felix were to be honest with himself, he didn't like any of the plans that his father laid out earlier, not even the teensy bit.

A couple days has gone by - not that everyone knows that, since they relied on a clock and they haven't been under daylight for a while, so even with a working clock, they couldn't tell the actual exact time, whether it's night or day, their sleeping schedules got scrambled up, and some of them would stay up on the time others were asleep.

Using their phones to tell the time would cause too much risk, having Taeyong and his goons the ability to track them from above, so they all hid them away, under three layers of foil and hid them in the cupboard that formerly had bread stocked in them.

Felix's feelings towards his father's plans seem to not settle with him at all. One of the plans was that Mr. Lee and Chan would have to go through the tunnel where they came from, it would take them some time since they need to dig out some space enough for them to go through the tunnels, the other was that they go through a different passage to go check on things and if everything is clear, but with Jakob and Gaho in addition. Aside from checking on the condition of the surface, they'd be checking if there'd be other places to take refuge in, which is double the risk.

"I don't like this," the freckled male muttered under his breath, "I want to go with them."

Felix's father must have heard him because the man had turned his head at the lad's direction. The man stepped towards Felix and placed a hand over his son's shoulder.

"Your job is to keep your mother, and sister safe, along with Doyeon," he explained, his hold onto Felix's shoulder grew firm, "and the others are also counting on you, since you're the one who wanted to lead them into this revolutionary war you declared yourself."

"Yes, but isn't it too risky, Dad?" Felix questioned as he helped his father unpack the things from a bag that used to have tons of canned food in there, but with time and a couple of hungry people, canned goods were eliminated, from one meal to the next.

They need to get out and find another place to take refuge in. Jaehyun or Johnny couldn't be of any help since the previous days, they were too hard to reach out to, in the end, they all decided to come up with plans that are far more dangerous and risky. Although there was one plan that Felix had, yet it would take time to execute, yet they would be hopefully out if range from Taeyong's radar for a bit if they did.

"You sure you won't go with my plan, Dad?" Felix asked as he helped his father pick out a few bags for whatever the man would be picking up from above to take back down into the bunker.

"Felix," the man sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose before looking a Felix, "digging aimlessly would mean that we have to exert more energy, we have little food now, and it's been five days-"

"We're a week here now, love," interjected Felix's mother, Mr. Lee immediately nodding at her direction.

His narrow and fond smile morphed into a flat line as he looked at Felix sternly, "What I'm saying is if we go with your plan, we would be staying underground for longer, and some of us have to sacrifice our meals for those who would be digging an alternative tunnel out of here."

"But going up to the surface to find a place to hide away in would be risky," Felix retorted, "what if Taeyong's goons would be out there, ready to attack us? I swear, Dad - Taeyong - he'd do anything to get what he wants, he never gives up."

"My plan is easier, son," Mr. Lee asserted.

"Yet dangerous!" Protested Felix, voice slightly raised, "My plan is safer."