My Life

Chapter 14: My Life

Avery's POV

       What in the actual fuck. My heart pounded in my chest as I looked at him. I stood there waiting for a response staring at him.

"How are you?"

Did he really just ask how I was doing? Did he really just come knock on my door at almost eight o'clock at night to ask me how I am doing!?! I say nothing and try to close the door.

"Wait!" Dean shouts putting his hand on the door keeping me from shutting it.

He runs his fingers through his hair before speaking, "I'm sorry."

I stood there stunned. He just apologized to me. It was sweet, wait no get it together girl. Remember he basically said you were just a complication in his life.

"Okay." I say with a sigh.

"Okay?" He asks.

"Okay." I say softly trying to shut the door again.

He stops it once again.

"That's it? No yelling or I forgive you or anything? Just okay?" He questions taking a step closer to me.

"Just okay. I'm done with the arguing and fighting Dean. So it's whatever." I spoke casually trying to ignore the thumping of my heart which had made its way to my ears.

"I don't want to argue anymore either Avs. I just don't know what I can do to make you happy." He told me taking another step towards me.

We were so close now and I couldn't make myself move. What did he mean make me happy? I am happy. I was still pissed about what he said, but when I look at him I want nothing more than to be with him all the time.

"I am happy, but you can't keep acting like I'm your girlfriend and you're not my boyfriend. I never once asked you to be in a relationship with me so I never once asked you to stop what you were doing, but you can't keep being an asshole to me and whatever dude I'm around." I tell him looking up from the ground to meet his eyes.

"I know I'm an asshole sometimes, but it pisses me off to see another dude trying to get with you when you're sleeping with me." He tells me resting his hands on my hips.

Shivers went down my spine and it donged on me what he said. When you're sleeping with me. He didn't want me, he just didn't want me to sleep with anybody else.

"Are you serious?" I say loudly pushing him in the chest away from me.

He barely takes a step back before looking at me with wide eyes.

"What?" He asks clearly confused on to why I pushed him.

I close the door and step outside so Traeh and Nevaeh couldn't hear us.

"You're not mad because I'm talking to other dudes. You're mad because you don't want me sleeping with them? Are you serious!?" I all but yell pushing him again.

I was infuriated. The fucking audacity of this man.

"What? No. Well I mean yeah, you shouldn't be sleeping with random ass dudes well you're pregnant, but-"