The Physical

Chapter 2- The Physical

Avery's POV

       God I can't believe I actually signed up for softball. It had been three months since school started back meaning it was only the end of October. Meaning that softball season didn't start for another two months! Don't get me wrong I love playing with all my heart, but the coaches are ridiculous. Honestly I need to do this, I've gained almost eleven pounds in four months. I even have a little fat pooch it was pitiful.

"If you're not ready for miles of running and hours of practice just leave the field now." Coach Green yelled like we were deaf.

A couple of girls left off the field with a huff and to their cars leaving.

"Avery your playing again this year? I'm always happy to see one of my best players return." Just that quick the cold evil Coach Green was replaced by a sweet kind lady..

"Alright ladies grab your gloves and pick a base!" I winced as her loud voice echoed in my ear.

Sweet and kind my ass I'm deaf now. I jogged over to second behind two blonde headed girls I recognized as Ashley and Neveah. After everyone located a base, the coaches begin to hit the balls.

"Oh shit!" I gasped with Neveah as Ashely got hit in the chest with the ball.

I rush over to her as she fell to the ground with a thud. Soon everyone was surrounding her.

"Go get her some water and a ice pack from the cafeteria." Coach Young barked.

She was even bitchyer than Coach green if that was even possible.

***^***

"There's only one big cut, thank you ladies for trying out and I'm sorry if you don't make it, but not everyone can make it. Results will be posted on the office's door tomorrow morning." Everyone said they're goodbyes and piled in their cars and left.

"Avery listen, I should have mentioned this early but your physical is about to expire. If you don't have one by next week I have no choice but to cut you." I looked at my coach for almost four years in disbelief.

"I'll go get one tomorrow after school." I say grabbing my bags walking to my car.

I was bending over moving stuff around in my trunk so I could put my batting bag in, when a hand came down hard on my ass.

"Ow!" I yelp almost hitting my head on the edge of the trunk.

Throwing my bag on the ground I looked up and glared.

"What the hell?" I shrieked pushing Dean in his chest seeing him and two of his baseball friends laughing at me.

"What'd you push me for that was Trey!" He asks innocently, making me roll my eyes and stuff my bag in the trunk.

I slammed it shut turning to face the three guys in orange dirt covered baseball pants. Their eyes looked up quickly to meet mine.

"I'm not even fixing to stand here and entertain you. Do you need something?" Not even caring he and his little "possy" got caught looking at my butt he shrugged.

"A ride.. On this di-" I held my hand up speaking over him not letting him finish the sentence.

"Don't even say it. I'm leaving so goodbye. Trey, Johnathan, Dean." Turning my back to them I open my driver side door only for it to be shut.

"What could you possibly want!?" I whined I'm sweaty, covered in dirt, and ready to go home.

I have no time to play around with him today. We stood in silence just staring at each other in silence. Was he going to say something because I'm ready to go! He makes me so mad being stupid. He really stopped me just to stare at me? Glaring at him I turn to open my door when I'm pushed up against it.