Sorry

Chapter 7- Sorry

Avery's POV

       Winter time is my favorite part of the year. What's not to like about winter besides the cold wind, but that was the glory of it. Since it's so cold outside you can drink hot chocolate, have bonfire parties, wear layers of clothes to hide your pregnancy from your family... And you know so on. It's currently November twentieth aka the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. It also means that I'm nineteen weeks pregnant. Yay! Ever since the party I've been ignoring Dean. Game changer right?😅 I didn't bother telling Neveah how I felt because she would probably say something to Johnathan about it and then he would say something to Dean and Dean will actually think I like him (which I don't). So I kept my hurt to my self. I honestly don't even know why I feel this way. Do I feel that way towards him because of the baby? First off, why do I even feel this way? Second if I did feel a certain way, it would have to be because I'm pregnant with his child. Lastly if none of them were it; its because my hormones are seriously messed up. I'm almost half way done with my pregnancy and I haven't bought a single thing yet. It's hard when your parents took your debit card away and you're having to sneak and use your sister's. If the money wasn't a problem, not knowing the gender was a bigger problem. I swear, I wish her legs were opened. I want a girl, but then again I want a boy. It's really hard to decide, when you know that your going to be happy with either gender as long as your baby is going to be healthy. As I said earlier its the last day of school before break and that basically means no one is at school. I decided to come instead of staying at home and being smothered with tension because my mother is off from work today. Nevaeh hadn't planned on coming today like the majority of the student population, but after ten minutes of constant begging and laying the pregnancy card down, I eventually talked her into it.

"I honestly don't like you anymore." She tells me laying her head down on the lunch table.

"You're still tired from waking up this morning? It's twelve o'clock in the afternoon!" I asked her rolling my eyes.

"Yes because I would have just now been waking up, but no please let me get up at six thirty in the morning to go to school with my pregnant best friend!" She says dramatically with sarcasm dripping off every word.

I roll my eyes again, sticking my tongue out at her. On the plus side Dean or Johnathan didn't come today. Shocker. Who was I to judge them though. If me and my stubborn mother weren't fighting, I would be at home right now.

"Isn't your CNA test the week as soon as we come back from break?" Nevaeh asks, stirring her strawberry yogurt with a plastic spoon.

"It is! What am I going to do about my scrubs!?" I gasp in fear, looking at her with wide eyes.

"I honestly don't know. Wear a jacket over the top." She suggested, but I shook my head no.

For those of you who don't know what a CNA is; a CNA is a certified nursing assistant. It's two ranks below a nurse and one rank below a LPN in the medical stand point. You can obtain your licenses at some high schools or you can pay for classes outside of high school. I've been taking my nursing class since my sophomore year and since I'm a senior now we've been practicing actual things to do at a nursing home. We have to wear our scrubs every other day of a school week, to do our clinical hours at the nursing home. We only need so many hours, so we haven't been back to the nursing home since the middle of September. My now showing belly wasn't a problem during that bc I was only two or three months along. I'm almost five months now and I have bigger pooch.