Merry Christmas to me

Chapter 15: Merry Christmas to me

Avery's POV

Christmas, better known to christians as the birth of Jesus Christ. Personally one of my favorite holidays simply because the whole family came into town and we celebrated together. This year however was different. I wasn't sweet and innocent Avery that my aunts and uncles wanted their kids to be like. No, I was now the teenager they never want their kids to be like; Pregnant, single, and still in high school. Christians are supposed to be the least judgmental people, but let's be honest that's not really the case most of the time. Like always everyone came in on Christmas Eve and would leave the day after Christmas. Every year we host the holiday so that meant sharing a room with Traeh while letting the little kids have her room and their parents stay in our two guest rooms. My family is small. My mom only has one sibling and that's my Uncle Chip. Uncle chip is my favorite simply because no matter what I've ever done he's helped me out of it. He's married to a nice woman named Martha and they have a set of eight year old twin boys; David & Michael. They can be little spazzes at times but overall they're good kids. My dad also only has one sibling; my Uncle Jeff who is divorced and switches holidays each year with that evil person he calls an ex wife. Patricia wasn't a horrible person, but she always had to one up you on everything. My dad bought my mom a gorgeous necklace for Christmas a few years back and she didn't stop until she let everyone know her necklace had six diamonds on it and my mom's only had four. They share a twelve year old daughter who is just like her mother. Looks, personality, the snobby I'm better than you mindset and so forth. All of my grandparents died when I was really young so this is my family.

"So Avery have you decided on what you wanna name our little football player?" Uncle chip asks plopping a spoon of mash potatoes on his plate.

It was Christmas Eve and everyone was gathered around the table passing dishes back and forth. Obviously after we said grace to bless the food.

"I honestly have no idea what I want to name him. I want out of the box names like mom and dad did." I say while cutting a huge piece of ham adding it to my already crowed plate.

"Maybe Dean has a few names picked out he just hasn't shared with you yet." My mom chirps out with a smile.

Why is she smiling like that? She knows something. My mom is one of the best lawyers in the state, but has the worst poker face when it comes to her family.

"Mom what did you do?" I ask and coincidentally the door bell rang.

She stood up and went to answer the door. I know she didn't. I just know she did not invite them over for Christmas.

"Hello everyone, my name is Mary and I'm Dean's mother and grandmother of our little bundle of joy. This is my son Dean." Mary walks into the kitchen still in her scrubs hair threw in a messy bun.

The joy. The absolute joy. That was sarcasm if you didn't pick up on it. Dean said hello and they both proceeded to find empty chairs at the table.

"So you're the one who knocked up my little niece?" Uncle Chip spoke as him and Uncle Jeff both stared hard at Dean.

"Yes sir." Dean shifts uncomfortably in his seat while waiting on my mother to bring him and Mary a plate.

Both of my uncle's eyes narrow as they both lean back in their chairs. Silence entered the room and brought along it's friend tension. I played with the mashed potatoes on my plate never looking up even though I could feel Dean's eyes pleading at me for help. I jumped as my Uncle Jeff slammed his hand onto the table.