𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KJ!" Alkaline shot up Ashtray's bed as she was woken up by a loud Faye and Fezco, The startled girl rubbed her eyes, as she only saw four dark figures in front of her

She smiled widely as she got a clearer view of what was in front of her. There was Fezco with his hand on Lexi's shoulder as she carried a cake with lit candles, Ashtray leaned on the door with the softest smile on his face completely directed towards Alkaline.

Lexi gave her a bright smile and sat on the bed as she put the cake in front of the Korean girl.

"Happy birthday Alkaline, make a wish!" Lexi said, smiling.

"Thanks, Lexi." Alkaline replied, smiling back before she blew the candles.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✩˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

It was already night after they spent the whole day celebrating Alkaline's birthday. Faye had given her a matching sailor moon shirt to go with her other tank top.

Lexi and Fezco had given her well- the cake. Everything was going well it was almost perfect only someone was missing. How she deeply missed her father figure. Although Ash was being unusually silent and fidgety today, she just shrugged it off as it was her birthday and she had decided to be nice to everyone.

"Birthday girl, you got a package." Fezco suddenly said as he walked in the room, handing her a small box.

"There's no address to whoever sent it." Alkaline looked up at Fezco as he could only shrug in response. "You think I should open it instead? just to be safe in case it blows up or some shit like that." The ginger offered but Alkaline shook her head.

"If this was a bomb we'd all be dead anyway." She rolled her eyes playfully at him as he still looked completely clueless.

She was hesitant but she opened it anyway. And as she did, her eyes had started watering before Fezco could even see what was inside the box.

"Hey- what- what's inside that box? is it something messed up- I'm gonna-" Fezco worriedly started as he tried to take the box.

"No no, it's nothing like that." Alkaline looked to Fezco with glossy eyes as she showed him a photo of a nine-year-old on top of Garner's shoulders.

"He remembered." She whispered, smiling lovingly at the old photo.

Fezco gave her a sincere smile before patting her head and heading out the room, closing the door silently.

She had flipped the card and saw that Garner had written on it.

'I'm sorry I couldn't be there kid. I promise you that'll never happen again and everything will go back to normal. Just wanted you to know that I'm safe, I'll see you soon, Happy birthday my dearest Alkaline. — G'