Lilies

Lisa walked down the busy street on a Saturday morning

Lisa walked down the busy street on a Saturday morning. The sky is a light blue with splashes of white. A soft breeze played with her wavy ash-brown hair and kissed her fair and pale face. The trees stand tall; their branches are painted shades of pink. As the birds fly by they fill the air with tranquil music.

People talk loudly on their phones and walk fast down the sidewalk. Most of them ignore the beauty that is around them. Their eyes stick to those tinny little devices of theirs. Lisa, on the other hand, is walking leisurely and silently down the stone path. Staring at the beautiful world around her.

Taking in every scent and sight. Touching every tree and flower as she walks by. And breathing in the fresh spring air.

She stops at in front of a colorful store that has a variety of flowers on the outside. Amie's Flower Shop is what the sign on the door says.

She slowly pushes the door open and the smell of sweet flowers enters her nose. She sighs with delight. The inside is the same as the out. Many different varieties of flowers are on display. From roses to tulips, lilies to daisies, the store had about every single type of flower you could imagine. She walked around looking at all the beautiful flowers. She then stops at the lilies.

Memories begin to flood my mind and a smile slips on my face.

"I'm going to get you," A young brown-haired boy shouted as he sprinted into the park.

"No you're not," she shouted back as she ran after him.

The sky was clear and the sun shined brightly down on us as they skipped and hopped through the park. The tree leaves fluttered in the wind and the grass was a vibrant green. They played tag and chased each other around the sparkling blue lake.

"Got you." the boy yelled as he grasped her white dress.

the girl went down with a thump and cried. The boy looked shocked and looked around the park. He saw that his parents were nowhere in sight and panicked. He tried to calm her down but whatever he did it didn't work. The boy whipped his head back and forth and let out an "Ah-Ha" when he found something. He got up and walked away and grabbed what he spotted.

"Look Lily," the boy said as he tapped her on the shoulder and propelled something in front of her, "It's a Lily. Just like your name."

she slowly looked at the flower in his hand and said " Dummy that's not my name it's Lisa "

 " Really I thought your name was Lily "

She giggled and sniffled and took the lily in her hand. She stared at the white petals that surrounded its center. She then twirled the flower in her hand and whipped away her tears with the other. She smiled up at him and let out a laugh.