It's what bros are for, right?"

Lisa fell back onto her bed

Lisa fell back onto her bed. Even in a heated apartment, the cool sheets reminded her that she had been out all day without a moment of rest. Her stomach growled. It was late, far too late to eat a meal and consider it dinner. The apartment was quiet, a perk from my roommate staying at her new boyfriend's apartment. These days she was rarely around. Her eyes closed shut in refusal to move. Even at the immediate need of nourishment, the refreshing welcome of a cold bed was way more important. She felt a vibration from her back pocket with a familiar melody following it. Ah, She was receiving a call.

"Who the hell... at this time..." she mumbled to herself, eyes still closed as she slipped her phone out of her pocket and blindly answered the call. She placed the phone beside my bed and set it to speaker.

"Yes?" she asked, obviously annoyed.

"Long day?"

"Something like that."

She recognized the voice immediately. She rested her forearm over her eyes. Her face suddenly felt warm. Her heartbeat quickened. Of course, it was him. Jeon Jungkook, Other than my mother's paranoid and overbearing calls, he was the only one to call me at such an hour without hesitation or apology. The usual reason for his calling was—

"You have to listen to this new band I came across today."

—that. Even now as college kids living to their own devices, nothing about their relationship from high school had changed. In fact, their friendship from high school had been built solely from those words alone. They always exchanged music with one another, recommended songs and bands, even attending concerts together. Even at such a novice age, they had deep conversations about the intimate details of their personal lives. A fair number of people always joked about them being too close for a "platonic relationship" as they had categorized it. Both of them laughed it off, him saying that I was "like a bro" and her just laughing. Back then Lisa was well aware that even if she wanted to be more than friends, there was always someone else in his heart.

"One of their songs, it starts so slow and epically beautiful, then it builds up and drops into some disco-techno-dance-rock stuff."

"Sounds like my type," Lisa replied, picking herself up from the bed and taking the phone with her as she headed towards the kitchen.

"It's my kind of type, too! That's how I knew you'd like it. And there's this other song of there's you should listen to, too. It's just straight-up dance-indie rock meets some garage style drums."

"Hell, that's right up my alley," She placed the phone on the counter and looked through her cupboards.

"Right? spirits! Here, I'll save you the trouble of looking it up, I'll play that song over the phone right now."