Chapter 7 - Meeting Mr. Romano

As the elevator doors closed and he was alone once more, Dante could not ignore the feeling he was getting; a feeling which was causing his heart to pound and his skin to warm merely at the lingering memory of young Alexa.

Her scent, those legs... her intoxicating eyes.

The 'ping' sound alerted him to the arrival of the thirty-first floor and as the elevator doors opened he was met by Gary Harworth himself, as well as a handful of others.

Each of the men were dressed in business suits and smiled as he stepped out of the elevator and hesitantly reached out to shake Gary's outstretched hand.

"Mr. Romano, it's a pleasure to have you here in person sir."

Gary sure was laying it on pretty thick, though Dante seemed to ignore it for now as he went on shaking the other men's hands one by one.

"Good morning sir." one greeted him.

"It's good to see you."

"Mr. Romano, good morning."

Once Dante had shaken each of the men's hands in greeting, Gary took the reins once more and began to lead Dante across the foyer, towards the boardroom where their meeting would take place.

"If you'll follow me gentlemen." he ushered with a smile.

"We have organised for this meeting to be fully catered and if you need anything at all feel free to simply ask. I am of course at your disposal."

Once the board members had been seated around the large conference desk, Dante pulled Gary aside to have a quick word before the meeting would begin.

"You look flustered Gary, what's the matter?" Dante questioned him softly.

"Oh, it's nothing sir. Just my assistant being over an hour late. I'm afraid I haven't yet had my morning coffee and, well, it's putting me rather on edge." Gary explained honestly.

"I swear, as soon as she arrives I'll fire her on the spot!"

Dante knew more than he was saying, but he chose to play along.

"Your assistant, is she young, pretty, tall with blonde hair and glasses?" Dante queried innocently.

Gary seemed bewildered by this.

"Uh... yes. But how did you know?"

Dante chuckled, placing his hands into his jacket pocket as he began to fabricate his lie.

"She's not late, Gary. In fact, she's been here the entire time I'm afraid..."

Gary frowned, clearly confused, "Sir?"

"She and I were both stuck in the elevator together."

Gary's expressions showed his concern now as he swallowed nervously as Dante went on.

"Yes, it appeared that the elevator malfunctioned and the two of us were unlucky enough to have been trapped inside for quite some time. She even had a tray of coffee with her, as I recall." Dante explained with a smirk.

"Your belated coffee order perhaps?"

"I'm so sorry Mr. Romano." Gary apologised.

"I'll have maintenance take a look at the elevator immediately."

"Don't be..."

Dante placed his hand onto Gary's shoulder and smiled.

"I'm not sorry it happened at all."