Chapter 23 - Undiscovered Talent

Dante had in fact noticed Alexa as she suddenly stood up from her seat and marched off in a huff. Though he did not make any attempts to stop her from leaving at the moment it had happened.

And why should he?

What he was doing with these women here was quite normal, a regular occurrence in his dark and seedy world.

The same world that Alexa would have to become more accustomed to if she truly wanted to continue working as his assistant.

Even so, he couldn't seem to rid himself of a small amount of growing guilt as it began to surface with each passing minute of attention he was receiving from these three attractive young women.

Normally, he would have accepted these women's desperate proposal by now and all three of them would probably be busily fucking in the private room down at the back of the jet!

But something about this situation didn't quite feel right. Not now anyway.

Something felt off and it vexed him.

Sure, these women were stunning enough and any one of them could have shown him a good time throughout the duration of the flight.

But did he really want them to?

The powerful Mafia Boss didn't exactly have a type, per say. He had been with all kinds of women over the years, of all different races and appearances.

They were nothing but a good fuck to him, and there was a reason for that.

Dante didn't do the more serious things like relationships or love.

He was a prominent figure in the seedy underworld and having something like a girlfriend or a wife would not only put her life in danger, but also reveal a possible weakness for him.

And Dante refused to show weakness.

He was the fucking Reaper!

So why was he feeling these strange and unwanted sensations just now.

Ones that had him wanting to shove these women aside and go after Alexa?

Ten more minutes went by and Dante had spent the entire time fending the desperate attendants off him so that he could actually get some small amount of work done during the flight.

There was so much to be done before they landed.

Nicola sat with both Stefano and several of the others as they went over countless records in a search for a vital piece of information they needed.

The tiny writing was beginning to do Nicola's head in after reading his twentieth file in a row.

Maybe he would need to look into getting his eye sight tested.

He dropped it down onto the oak table in front of him and went to rub his incredibly sore eyes when a frantic Luca came darting towards them.

Luca's eyes were wide and he wore an excited smile on his face as he stopped in front of them. Something had him excited.

"What is it Luca?"

Nicola's tone showed his impatience with an accompanying frown as he lifted his eyes to meet those of his younger companion and loyal friend.

"Guys, seriously, you have to come and see this. Come on!"

He snickered to himself before darting back down towards where he had come from, at the back end of the jet.

Towards the boss' private room.

Several of the other henchmen followed along after him, intrigued by whatever had made someone like Luca so excited.