Chapter 26 - Meeting the Romano Brothers

Alexa followed along after her billionaire boss as he strolled casually in through the living space and towards one of the back rooms where she could hear the sound of two men playfully arguing with one another.

She could also hear the sound of what appeared to be the engine of a racing car?

"Hey, you can't do that!" one of them announced sternly.

"That's called cheating, Roberto."

"You're one to talk, Matteo. Cheatings your middle name, fratellino." (little brother) the other voice insisted with an auditable chuckle following along afterwards.

"Ha ha, very funny."

Alexa watched as Dante turned to her one last time and smirked before he silently slipped inside and stood behind the two men currently seated with their backs facing them on the large black velvet couch.

A massive television screen sat in front of them, revealing that the two were in fact in the middle of some sort of racing game.

Each of the men held their own wireless remote and appeared totally engrossed by their game; far too busy to even notice that they had company.

Dante took a step in towards the back of the couch, his hand carefully picking up a pair of porcelain ornaments sitting on a small stand beside him.

Frowning at what he had planned here, Alexa watched as he slowly pressed the ornaments against the back of each of their heads and spoke with a dark undertone to his voice.

"Make a move and you're dead!"

Both of the men playing the X-Box game instantly froze as they felt the impact of something being pressed against the back of their heads.

In their profession, they could only assume it was a gun.

Intrigued, Alexa continued to watch the scene unfold before her very eyes.

Was this some sort of strange game he was playing with these two men?

And why did they seem so afraid of him?

Neither of the two men said a word, instead they dropped their remotes and lifted their hands up in a form of surrender.

"You're making a big mistake." the taller of the two men remarked sternly.

"Yeah man, do you even know who we are?" the other enquired over his shoulder.

"Shut up!"

Dante snapped at them loudly, angrily pressing the ornaments against their heads and forcing their heads forward.

"It's time for you to pay..."

Now Alexa was beginning to feel concerned as she took a step back from Dante, preparing herself to make a run for it if she had to.

What the hell was Dante doing?

She couldn't understand what had suddenly come over her new boss.

Why was he acting this way towards these two men? Had they perhaps done something wrong?

Still, he was being rather forceful with them and it seemed wrong.

Opening her mouth, she was about to call him out on it when Dante spoke again. This time his voice sounded playful as he chuckled.

"Now come give your big brother a hug."

It took the two strangers a moment for his words to sink in before they shared a glance with one another, then turning around to see a smiling Dante standing behind them.