Chapter 20 - A Surprise

Once Alexa had gone over the contract with Dante and all the required paperwork had been signed off by both her and Dante himself, the CEO decided to escort her back home to her apartment for the evening.

As her amended contract now stated, Romano Enterprises would now be responsible for her transportation at all times, day or night.

This was for both her own convenience, and for Dante's own peace of mind.

He needed his assistant to be on call twenty-four-seven.

She was given a phone number to contact her very own driver, whom she would apparently meet early tomorrow morning.

She was told his name was Cecilio.

Before they departed though, he gifted her with a brand-new work phone to be used at her own discretion.

Alexa was beyond stunned when she opened the box and pulled out the overly expensive phone.

For her, Dante had chosen a sleek black Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, which had the ability to be folded outwards, in order to enhance the size of the screen for taking notes and reading or amending documents.

Apparently, these were just some of the tasks she would be required to complete on a daily basis in her newest position.

One she was very keen to begin.

Both Dante and Alexa returned to the waiting limousine outside the warehouse and climbed inside before the door was promptly closed behind them with a soft 'click'.

Finding herself alone once more with such a powerful and intoxicating man such as Dante Romano, Alexa made sure to maintain her distance from him when choosing her seat.

While she was actually sitting on the same seat as him, Alexa had made certain that there was still a suitable distance between them.

After all, she was now his personal assistant and professional boundaries would need to be adhered to at all times.

As the car pulled away and moved into a steady motion, Alexa decided it was time to approach her new boss about his personal requirements.

Things such as daily schedules, meetings, reminders, lunches, dinners, etc.

And what better way to learn more about him than to ask Dante himself.

"So, Mr. Romano. I was wondering about your daily schedule..." she began.

Dante quickly cut her off with merely his finger raised, a silent gesture for her to stop right then and there as he continued to type away at his phone.

"Aaaand... send." he suddenly announced, turning to face her with a satisfied smirk.

She frowned with confusion, "What did you... oh."

Startled, Alexa suddenly felt her new phone vibrating inside of her clutch bag with an email notification.

Intrigued, she curiously reached into her clutch and pulled it out to read the screen.

She couldn't help but chuckle to herself at what she saw.

In her inbox was a new email from none other than Dante himself.

The email had many attachments, each clearly labelled and requiring downloading to view them.

"That email should have everything you require for your start tomorrow." he mused proudly.

"Wow, that's actually rather organised of you." she admitted, scrolling through the various documents on the brand-new work phone he had given her.

"You'll find I am very organised myself, Miss Myers. I have to be, in my line of work."