Crush

As they walk in the cafeteria they see their friends waving at them. They walked over and joined them as Blaze hands them menus. Knuckles looks around and noticed two people were missing. "Where's Mario and Peach?" He asked. "Mario was invited to join Peach for breakfast with her parents this morning" Luigi said sipping on a espresso. "Ah" knuckles said looking at the menu. "I'll be right back I forgot my phone in the dorm" Shadow said getting up just as the waitress comes. "What can I get you?" She asked. "For him coffee black two sugars and I'll just have green tea please and a blueberry muffin please." Knuckles smiled. The waitress nods and walks off. "How do you know how shadow likes his coffee." Cream asked taking a bite of bacon. "Because we gotten coffee together before." Knuckles said leaning back in his chair. "Well we need to discuss something very important!" Amy smiled. "No Amy" Knuckles said knowing what she's about to say. "Oh come on knuckles it's your 21st birthday!" Amy said with a pout. "Yeah knux it's a big birthday!" Daisy chimed. "Guys I really don't want a party ok? I just want to relax in my dorm with my first legal drink ok." He said as the waitress brings his order. He thanks her as he gives her a tip and takes a bite of his muffin. "Well you could at least hang out with us" silver said. "Yeah!" Sonic and Taild said. "Come on man at least do that." Katherine smiled. "What's going on?" Shadow said walking up. "Knucklehead here doesn't want to celebrate his 21st birthday." Rouge huffed. "What?" Shadow said looking at knuckles as he sat down. Knuckles rolls his eyes finishing his muffin. "What do you plan on doing on your birthday then." "Just having my first legal drink and chilling in our dorm." Knuckles said sipping his tea. "No you won't" shadow said very sternly making knuckles spit up his tea a bit. "What?" He asked. Shadow gets up and gets closer to his face and hands griping the arms of the chair making knuckles blush. "I said no you won't" shadow said again his breath warming up knuckles lips. Shadow pulls away and grabs Amy's notebook. "Hey!" She said but shadow ignores her and writes something down. "Call this place book it for this Saturday. We're having him a 21st birthday party but it'll be just us" he told her and she smiled nodding while she texted Peach. "Shadow seriously I do-" Shadow puts his finger on knuckles lips. "Shhh shhh we're doing it" he said and sits down to drink his coffee. Knuckles just stands there for a few more seconds before sitting down. "What the fuck just happened?" "Shadow just planned out your birthday." Luigi smiled.

"Ugh! Why did he do this! I'm not a party person! But..... I do need to start to get out of my comfort zone..... maybe it won't be a bad idea..... plus Shadz planned this for me..... ugh why can't I get him out of my head?!" Knuckles thought as he walked into the dorm. He flops on his bed and growls into his pillow. He hears someone knocking on the door and gets up. When he opens the door he sees Luigi standing there. "What Luigi?" "Can I talk to you for a moment?" "Uh sure?" He lets his Italian friend in. "Is shadow here?" He asked. "No why?" "Good." Luigi said sitting down on the desk chair. Knuckles sits on his bed. "Knuckles be honest with me are you crushing on shadow?" Luigi straight up asks. Knuckles looks down blushing. "Y-yes..... how can you tell?" He asked looking back up. "Because I've seen it millions of times hell I was like that around Daisy before asking her out over the summer." Luigi said. "I don't know why I suddenly have feelings for him.... It started back last Christmas...... a year after we graduated from high school..... I just don't know..... I mean I do know because you know I'm bisexual but..... ugh!" Knuckles lays back in his bed. "I never thought I would crush on one of my best friends!" He groaned. "We'll knuckles i won't say anything to shadow or the others but who knows maybe he might feel the same." "And if he doesn't I'm going to move out of the dorm just to spare the awkwardness." Knuckles pouted looking at the ceiling. "Well you never know man." Luigi said laying back in the chair. The two continue to talk not knowing shadow was right outside the dorm and heard everything. He feels his heart race and cheeks warm up.

"So he does feel the same way but how am I going to tell him that I like him too?"