First Day

Knuckles groans as the alarm blast throughout the dorm. "Now I remember why I hate school" he mumbled slamming the clock. Shadow stirs as well groaning. "5 more minutes you're sooooo warm." Shadow said before being pushed off the bed. "Hey!" He growled. "Sorry we got classes Shadz." Knuckles smirked stretching his arms as he walks over to the bathroom to wash his face. Shadow pouts and gets off the floor to get dressed.
It felt like they never left high school crowded hallways, a few lockers closing, and many conversations between lots of students and teachers. Knuckles sighs headingto his first class where Dasiy waves to him. He smiles and walks over sitting next to her. "How are you so cheery this morning?" He asked her setting his book bag down. "Lots of coffee" She smirked. "So what made you take Herbology?" She asked. "Well you know how Angel Island lives off its natural land i just want to learn a bit more so i could i enhance its growth" Knuckles said. "Sweet" She replied.
Shadow walks into his first class and is greeted by silver, Amy and Mario. "Hey guys..." Shadow said still half asleep. "Still sleepy?" Amy asked. shadow nods and lays his head on his bookbag. "Remind me to sign up for classes later in the morning and not 6:30am....." he groan. Silver and Mario pats shadows head laughing.

Shadow flops face first in his bed glad the classes are over. His ears perk up hearing the door rattle as knuckles enters the dorm. "How was your first day?" Shadow muffled in the pillow. "Good already got two projects due the end of the week. What about you?" Knuckles replied putting down his bag and taking off his shoes laying down on his bed. "Judging how you look not so good?" he smiled at shadow still facedown in his pillow. "My day was good just regret the super early classes....." He muffled. Knuckles burst out laughing and starts researching for one of his projects. "Wanna order take out later?" He asked typing on his laptop. Shadow rasied his hand and gives a thumbs up. Knuckles chuckles a bit shaking his head smiling. "Ok"

3 months later

"WHAT DO I DO?!" Shadow freaked out pacing back and forward in front of Rouge and Kat as they sip on beers. "Shadz you're overthinking it" Kat said setting her bottle down on table. "ITS VALENTINE'S DAY AND I DONT GOT NOTHING FOR KNUCKLES" he sighs and plops down between them. "Look growing up Knuckles never celebrated Valentine's Day even when his mom was alive he never liked it. He thinks its a pointless holiday of false love." Kat said. "Really?" Shadow asked and Kat nodded. "But it wouldnt kill to ask him." Rouge smiled.
"Soooooo what you gonna do for Shadow for Valentine's day?" Tails asked. "Guys you know  i dont celebrate that holiday." Knuckles said rolling his eyes. "Aw come on man for once celebrate i heard shadz was freaking out trying to figure out wht to do for you." Luigi smiled. "Well if he wants to thats fine i will appreciate it but i'm still not celebrating." Knuckles said firmly. "Ok sorry!" Sonic said holding up his hands. Knuckles says goodbye to them and starts heading to the lounge. As he enters he runs right into Shadow and falls to the ground. "Shit you ok?" Shadow asked helping knuckles up. "Yeah thanks..." Knuckles said reajusting his bag. "Sooooo look Kat told me you dont celebrate but i really want to do something nice for you.... meet me tomorrow by the pond?" Shadow asked. Knuckles sighs but smiles. "Sure"
Knuckles walks into the dimly lit park near the pond in his dark jeans, brown boots, brown coat and rock band tee. Shadow stand there skipping rocks in his black coat, light blue jeans, black boots, and a red Chevy shirt. "So your dragged me out here to skip rocks?" Knuckles joked walking closer. "Nah just waiting for you" Shadow smiled. Knuckles picks up a rock and tosses it watching it skip on the moon lit water. "Nice" Shadow said. "Come on" He continued as he took Knuckles hand. They walk up a steep hill. "Shadz where are we going?" Knuckles asked a bit out of breath. "You will see soon." Shadow smiled. When they get to the top Knuckles eyes widen in amazement at the lights of the Mushroom Kingdom. "Whoa" He said amazed. Shadow smiles and pats the empty spot on the blanket he brought for them. Knuckles smiles and sits down on the soft surprisingly warm blanket. "No sonnet? Poem? Chocolates?" He teased Shadow who rolls his eyes smiling. "No just to spend time with you on a nice hoilday without the formailities of the Holiday. "Shadow smiled. "I really love this" Knuckles smiled laying his head on Shadow's shoulder. Shadow lays his head on his as they both sit in a nice romantic silence as the lights of the city glow. 

"Enjoy him while you have him brother, because he will be mine~"