Coming out

Locke smiles and takes a seat between the two echidnas. "So my boy shadow treating you well?" He asked leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs. "Y-yes sir..." "Are you happy?" "Yes s-sir..." "Alright that's good enough for me." Locke smiles. "Wait for real?!" Knuckles asked confused. "Knuckles I know sense you were 13 and I don't love you any less. You're still my son and future guardian of Angel Island that has found love and happiness. Now when we're you planning on telling me about your relationship hm?" Locke asked smiling at his son. "Never" "Kat!" "What you were scared of what he would've thought!" Katherine said as Locke  chuckles. "One more questions does Vladimir know about you two?" "Wait you know shadows uncle?!" Kat and Knuckles said. "Yes I do we are good allies and friends. Now answer the question" "No he doesn't.... Not yet....."

Shadow comes back to the dorm to see the door cracked opened. He slowly enters and grabs the old curtain rod from the corner. As he enters more into the dorm he hears movement and jumps out getting ready to swing when knuckles stops him. "WHOA SHADZ!" He yelled. Shadow sighs in relief. "Why is the door cracked opened?" He asked when Locke walks out of the restroom. "Ah shadow come here my boy!" "Locke?!" Shadow smiles hugging the old echidna. "I didn't know you were here!" "Dropped in unexpected wanted to surprise my son for a belated birthday gift. I'm treating you both to a lovely lunch so get ready you two we have much to celebrate!" Locke smiled walking out of the room. Shadow turns to knuckles who's rubbing the back of his neck. "Your dad found out didn't he?" Shadow ask and knuckles nodded. "Welp let's get ready then" Shadow smiled. "Oh and there's something else I should tell you...." Knuckles looks down nervously. "Sooooo my dad also knows your uncle...." "Really?!" "Yeeeep" "Oook wow"
Knuckles drives them to the restaurant Locke is treating them too. He sees his father GMC truck parked outside a restaurant that his dad never really goes to its not fancy but it's nicer than a steakhouse. "Oh fuck...." Shadow said as knuckles parks the car. "What's wrong shadow...." "See that Bugatti La Voiture Noire?" "Yeah?" "My Uncle is here...." Knuckles stares at shadow. "For real?!" Shadow nods sinking into his seat. "Omg...." Knuckles groaned.
They walk in and knew instantly that they were under dressed while customers were dressed in business like attire. "May I help you gentlemen?" A snobby host asked. "We're a part of the echidna party?" "I see right this way." He said leading them to a private dinning room where Locke dressed in a button down shirt and black pants is talking to a dark grey hedgehog with red and black streaks with green eyes and a slight Irish accent. He where's a silk dark emerald button down shirt with expensive black pants and a large red ruby ring on his right hand. Locke turns his head once he gets a quick glance at them and smiles. "Boys come and sit we been waiting for you." He smiles. "It would've been nice to know we were eating Somewhere fancy like dad..." knuckles said embarrassed wearing his grey jeans and red concert shirt. "I agree with all due respect sir...." Shadow said wearing a blue skull shirt and ripped black jeans. "That's quite alright I really should've boys." Locke smiled. "Well it's good to see you again Knuckles happy belated birthday." Vladimir smiled and slides a box to him. "It's not much but I wanted to give you something special." Vladimir smiled. "Thank you sir..." knuckles smiled opening the small box. Inside was a dark silver brooch with a dark ruby in the middle. Shadow tears up knowing exactly what it was. "Wow it's cool thank you" knuckles smiled. "It belonged to my brother in law. My darling sister Marina had this handcrafted for there 1 year wedding anniversary. Since you are linked with their son it is only proper to gift this to you." Vladimir smiles as a dark tear falls. "Wait you know...." Shadow said as him and knuckles looked stunned. Vladimir nods. "It was rumored across the vampire community that you were linked to a mortal. I may have sent a servant to spy on you to see who it was once he saw it was Knuckles here I thought who better for my nephew than him. When Locke called and I flew straight here." Vladimir smiled as the waiter walks up and pours another glass of blood wine for him. "Thank you Jefferson." "You're welcome your highness" he bows. "WAIT HIGHNESS?!" Knuckles said and looks at shadow who is red. "YOUR A PRINCE?!" "You never told him Shadow?" Vladimir asked. Shadow shakes his head looking down. "Well that explains everything...." Knuckles said slumping in his chair. "KNUCKLES SIT UP STRIGHT!" Locke demanded and knuckles sits right up as Shadow burst out laughing. "Why I love your dad!" Shadow said sipping on his glass of blood wine. Knuckles rolls his eyes. "Well let's eat shall we after all we are celebrating a birthday today and new love." Locke smiled with Vladimir nodding in approval.

Knuckles couldn't help but smile the whole drive back to the dorm. "Your jaws are gonna be stuck like that ya know" shadow smirked love seeing him smile. "Like I care" knuckles continue to smile.
As Knuckles unlocks the door he noticed that it was already unlocked. His smile fades and faces shadow. "You did lock the door right?" Shadow nods and they look down to see someone had picked the the lock. "Let's get ahold of campus security...." Shadow suggested and knuckles nods agreeing. They take a pictures of the door and walk away to the security office. Security plays back the video but doesn't see anyone as the door does open up then closes after 20 mins. Knuckles and Shadow were shown leaving the dorm and coming back plus they were on the 3 floor with no way of climbing up. "Well boys I don't know what to tell ya...." She said baffled. "Is there anyone close by you can stay with?" They both shake their heads. "Well the best I can do is send two campus security guards to search your dorm for anyone still inside." "That would be best thank you Mrs. Style" knuckles said. "No problem boys" she smiled.
After security check their dorm and was given the ok they both sighed in relief. As they enter they both change into their sleep wear to head to sleep. Knuckles lays in his bed thinking about classes starting tomorrow. He feels shadow lift up his covers and joins him in his bed. "Are you ok?" He asked Shadow. "Can I not sleep next to my love" he flirted. Knuckles chuckles a bit and wraps his arms around the ebony hedgehog who falls asleep. "Goodnight Shadz. Knuckles said kissing his head and turned off the lamp. He closes his eyes and goes to sleep.

Little did they know hidden in the corner of their dorm was a camera watching them.