nine

The two stood side by side in silence.

"For rivals," Mr Kang nodded as he skimmed the pages in front of him. "You make a good team."

Hana sighed softly as she felt a wave of relief wash over her. Maybe she worried that her work might have overshadowed his, and as much as she didn't like him - she didn't want to piss Sunwoo off even more.

He, however, couldn't have cared less. He was just happy everything was fine with his section, and truthfully if there was a fault in hers - he wouldn't have minded.

"Are we excused?" The red haired boy asked, already one foot out the door.

"That really is your favourite question," the teacher joked, dismissing him with his hand. "You can go too, Hana."

With a bow, the girl rushed out of class. The halls were empty and it almost felt eerie.

The walk home was no better, her attempt to keep a safe distance from Kim Sunwoo who was walking only a few steps ahead was a failure.

She girl overtook him quickly and kept her head down, turning each corner sharply.

"You stayed quiet back there," he called from behind her. "That's a first."

Hana ignored his words, maybe that was the best thing to do since they were starting to get stuck in her head recently.

"What's the matter, then?" Sunwoo jogged to catch up with the girl. His tone was mocking and he had no real intention to know what was bothering her.

Or maybe he wanted to know. Part of him wished that she would tell him how she was hurting, so that he could laugh at the irony of it all.

Hana simply continued to walk, her lips sealed shut. "Come on. Do Hyori and Eunkyung not want to share rooms with you anymore? Have they realised how uncool you really are?"

"What's it to you?" She looked straight ahead, her steps quickening.

"It's absolutely nothing to me," Sunwoo shrugged. "I'm just curious as to who I should pat on the back for making you shut up for once."

The girl crossed the road abruptly, turning onto their street as the boy still followed. He babbled on and on even from behind her back but she still ignored.

"Ahhh," the boy hummed, watching as the girl turned to look at him. "Even better so."

"What?" Hana spat.

"Has Changmin dumped you, yet?"