20 | Weddings and Pinings

Art: "Family Portrait" by Spacepapaya_19

⚠️ Trigger warning: This chapter contains a very non-graphic, emotions-focused afterglow scene from after Micah and Angella's wedding night. If you don't want to read that, it'll be the fifth scene of the chapter, and the (very non-graphic) illustration will warn you if you want to skip it. ⚠️

And so, I will begin my essay by discussing the history of this wicked form, the Spell of Obtainment. You must recognize this name, for you are familiar with the foolish woman who cast it long ago.

❂❂❂

Angella held up the letter from the Verns in triumph

Angella held up the letter from the Verns in triumph. "Micah, Queen Ruta has accepted our request!" she said excitedly. "Now there's only Mystacor to persuade."

Micah's face looked pensive. They were going to Mystacor for their wedding in a few hours – a wedding that would stay secret so Shadow Weaver didn't ruin it. His feelings were clear to Angella. Madame Arvina had a persnickety nature, and believed Light Spinner was evil from the day she was born. It would be a feat to get the kingdom of sorcerers on their side, but Angella had to believe it would happen.

Eventually.

She rose, walking over to him. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Micah looked out the window. "I don't want to see her again," he said quietly. He sighed. "I thought we could leave her in the past. What an idiot I was."

"You're not an idiot – I'll be right beside you. Mystacor isn't a conditional alliance, anyway. We have the rest of Etheria on our side. We'll be able to defeat Shadow Weaver, even without their help."

"And then what?"

Angella frowned. "We rebuild Tropicilas, of course." She held him from behind, pressing her hands against his muscular stomach as she rested her head on his shoulder. "My love...aren't you at least happy for the wedding?"

"Yeah," Micah said. "Sorry, Angie. I've just been thinking about...a lot lately. How to be a king, how to fight while still being good. I shouldn't take it out on you."

"I want to hear about your struggles. I will be your wife today," she replied. "But Micah...don't grow up too quickly. This is a wonderful day, my love."

Micah turned around, a gentle smile touching his lips. "I know, Angie." He pulled her face down and kissed her gently; Angella stroked his cheek, rough with facial hair.

He truly was a good man.

✧✧✧