Chapter 14: Kaleb

Location: Alex's Pizza/Time: 9:30pm.

Luz's had just finished the last pizza order for the night. She placed the hot pizza in the box, closing it. Luz walked over the table with all the other orders, gently placing her's down.

Luz still had a half an hour till closing time. She decided to put her air pods in and wash the dishes. Luz was quick about doing the dishes. The one time she timed herself, 1 minute it took her to do an full sink of dishes. Luz did have the highest score in the building.

Yet again, Luz and her mom did own a small little restaurant when Luz was about three. Camila did the orders, Luz did the dishes, cleaned the tables, and bringing a little jar around the restaurant to the people who were getting ready to leave. Lastly, Luz's father Adrian did the cooking.

Luz got done with the dishes, drying her hands off with a dish rag. "Still the same time Luz." She heard Alan say as he walked up to her. Luz looked at him with a kind, nice smile. "Heh..Yeah." Luz chuckled. Luz leaned up against the sink waiting for the delivery person to take the pizza's.

As soon as Luz counted to 15 minutes, The delivery person ran through the door. "Bout, time Leo." Luz and Alan said at the same time. Leo laughed while scratching the side of his head. "Sorry, Sorry, two of the deliveries were far away!" Leo was putting the pizza's in his bags so they stayed warm for the customers. "Well, You got six orders tonight, then you can head home."

Leo nodded in response, heading out the door. Alan placed his hand on Luz's shoulder causing her to look at him. "We've still got five minutes till closing time." Alan said looking up at the clock that hung on the wall. He turned, walking to the cash register to empty it out.

Luz put her air pod back in her ear, closing her eyes. Drowning in her music. Luz was brought out of her music when she Alan shake her shoulder lightly. Luz opened her eyes, taking her air pods out. Putting them back in her case, in her pocket.

"What's up?" Luz asked, raising an eyebrow. "You've got someone waiting for you by the frontdoors." Alan said pointing that way. Luz hummed making her way towards the frontdoors. Luz rubbed her eyes, taking some of the tiredness out of them.

Luz made it to the frontdoors. Looking up, her eyes widen slightly. A big smile stretched across her face.

"Hey, Weirdo"

Luz couldn't believe what she was seeing. She actually thought she was in a dream till she punched her thigh. Luz couldn't form words. She couldn't do anything. She was stuck like a truck in deep mud. "K-Kaleb?" Luz ran, wrapping her arms around Kaleb's neck. Luz nuzzled her head into his neck, taking in his scent.

Still the same, County fields, Roasted steak and Air breeze. Kaleb returned the hug. Just as tight as Luz's. "You didn't miss me, did ya?" Kaleb chuckled. "Of course I did dummy! I didn't know when you were coming back!" Luz yelped. "When did you come back?" Luz wondered pulling back from the hug but, keeping her hands on Kaleb's shoulders.

Kaleb smiled "I came back yesterday night. Stayed in a hotel till the morning. I went over to the house to see if you were there. Eda told me you were at school so I was planning to pick you up after school till she told me you go straight to work after school and don't get off till 10:30pm. So, I decided to surprise you." Kaleb finished.

"Honestly I have so much to catch up on! I still have to surprise Hunter." Kaleb exclaimed bouncing on his toes. Luz chuckled at Kaleb's excitement. Luz turned to Alan who nodded his head. "Go on Luz, I'll close up." Alan said waving his hand. Luz thanked him turning to Kaleb.

"Well, Come on!" Luz chirped dragging Kaleb outside.