Graduation

Time Jump

                                                 Summer

                                         Jacob's Graduation

                                                 Jacob's POV

It was here, my graduation was important to my family because they wanted me to be the first one to go to college. The phone had been ringing off the hook non stop with people who claimed to be related to me congratulating me and money arriving in the mail from all over the country. Mom was fixing her hair and makeup, Carlos was trying to work the camera the only thing we were waiting on is Lily.

Mom: Lily we don't have all day and today is not about you.

Lily: I'm almost done I swear.

Mom: Don't take that tone with me come on vamanos.

Lily comes down the stairs.

Lily: Ok I'm here can we go now?

Mom: Wait I want a picture of you and your brother together.

Jacob puts his arm around my shoulder and we both feel a second arm around both of our shoulders.

Jacob: Dad?

Our Dad, the only parent we share has just stepped out from the closet.

Dad: You didn't think I was going to miss one of the important days in your life did you?

We both hug him.

Dad: Besides you're going to be the first on your mother's side to go to college. But through me you do come from a very long line of prestigious barristers.

Carlos: So what college did you pick? You said you were looking at colleges up and down the country while your mother and I were on the cruise.

Jacob: Well.. Uh...

Carlos: You know I went to Mississippi State.

Mom: I always wanted to go to UCSB.

Dad: You could come to London and study, I could get you your own place I know a couple of people at the board in Oxford.

Jacob: I was actually-

The door bell rang and Carlos opened the door to 'Lasha, she was hitching a ride to graduation.

'Lasha: Hey Mr. Brookes so good to see you.

Dad: Hi 'Lasha we were just talking about the colleges you and Jacob went to look at.

'Lasha: Look at? College?

She puts her purse on the table.

'Lasha: Jakey didn't you tell them?

Mom: Tell us what?

'Lasha: Jacob.. You said you'd tell them.

Jacob: I'm getting to it.

'Lasha: I can't book the flights if you don't tell them.

Mom: What flights? Tell us what?

'Lasha: Jacob this is all we've ever talked about for nearly a year..