12

AP English

Eunice's POV

Dr. Winlow: Today we have a new face in the AP programme. Jojo sit anywhere you like.

Of course he sat next to me, not only am I his girlfriend if I hadn't let him copy my notes he wouldn't even be in AP English.

Eunice: Hey.

Jojo: Hi.

Eunice: Why didn't you call me back last night.

Jojo: I got busy.

Eunice: I waited up for you.

Jojo: Did I ask you to do that?

Eunice: Well no..

Jojo: Then whose fault is it?

I just sigh.

Jojo: And how come you didn't sit with us at lunch yesterday?

Eunice: I don't know.

Jojo: You never sit with us you're always sitting with them.

By "them" he means Javi, Lily, Drew and Asia.

He was so much sweeter when I met him, maybe it's because he was just desperate.

I turn around,to look at Lily and Javi sitting behind me.

Lily's POV

I accidentally drop the pencil I've been playing with onto the desk. I reach down to pick it up and Javi does the same, instead of picking up my pencil he just slides his palm into mine and interlocks our fingers.

Lily: What are you doing?

He ignores me and simply picks up my hand which is still in his grip and kisses it.

Javi: You're so beautiful.

I feel my cheeks flush and start to giggle, maybe a little to loud.

Dr. Winlow: Miss. Brookes- Perez and Mr. Encarnacion is there something you would like to share with the class? Perhaps a joke about how Steinbeck portrays the theme of loneliness in the book?

Everyone has turned round to look at us, I blush harder, Javi lets go of my hand.

Javi: No sir.

Dr. Winlow: Then perhaps we should pay attention.

Javi: Yes sir.

Everyone turns back around.

Lily: You keep getting me in trouble.

Javi: Sorry.

He sticks his bottom lip out.

Last Assembly

Today was the last assembly, well not for us just for the seniors. It's supposed to be a day where the seniors get to reflect on their time here and listen to a few words of wisdom and inspiration from their beloved principal.

In reality, it was just principal Jay twerking with his secretaries for 20 minutes wearing the top half of his suit with booty shorts and Jordans. When he was done he simply turned around and said "bye bitches".

There was also supposed to be some kind of slideshow showcasing all the seniors best moments but no one wanted to do it so they left EJ up to it so we sat through ten minutes of bible quotes and then one off guard photo of Jacob eating cereal.