Back In LA

Lily's POV

I've been back in New York for about two hours but what Javi said to me that night had really got to me. I go to my garage to get in my car but I notice Chres' car parked across the street, since I needed to talk to him I just go to Javi's house since that's probably where he is.

I go to knock on Javi's door but notice that it's already open. I see Chres sat on Javi's island.

Chres: Aye how was New York? Come tell daddy all about it.

He pats his lap signalling for me to sit there. Just as he does two gun shots go off.

??: DADDY?

We turn around, it's Javi's father Miguel.

Miguel: Daddy?! I let you into my house and you disrespect my son and I by referring to yourself as my daughter in law's father.

I have never seen Chres so scared, even when he got beat up by Jacob. Miguel puts his gun on the table which he has just used to fire two blanks.

Chres: I'm sorry Miguel I was just kidding around, I didn't know you were there.

Miguel ignores him.

Miguel: What's wrong mija? You look stressed.

Lily: Javi told me.

Miguel pours himself some Hennesy, he offers me a cup but I shake my head in refusal. Chres tries to grab the cup but Miguel snatches it away from him.

Miguel: And now I guess you're worried?

Lily: A little.

Miguel: Lily, you know that you're like a daughter to me. My entire family loves you. And as you're my daughter I'd never let anything happen to you. You've never been safer I promise you that.

Chres: Yeah Lily Miguel's got-

Miguel: Did I say you could talk to her?!

Chres shakes his head

Miguel: I've got people providing you round the clock protection. You may not notice them but they're there.

Chres: Miguel had me guarding you Lily.

Miguel: But after I've seen the way you treat her I may have to change that.

Chres: I'm sorry 'guel, it won't happen again. I was just joking around with her I swear, her safety is my number one priority.

Miguel: If I here one remark like I just heard you say earlier-

Chres: Miguel I promise you-

Miguel: DID YOU JUST INTERRUPT ME?!

Chres: Miguel I'm so sorry, I'm just tryna keep Lily safe. I've known her for years and I care about her a lot.

Miguel looks at me

Miguel: Mija is this true?

I nod to confirm the fact he's known me for years. I'm not really sure about the whole cares about me thing.

Miguel: Ok. Here's what's gonna happen. This idiot is still gonna protect you but I'm gonna bring in some additional guards who will only reveal their identity to you if necessary.

Lily: Miguel is this really necessary?

Miguel: It's super necessary mija. First off you're a girl. Now I'm all for girl power and all but in the world of gangs girls, especially girls like you, are especially vulnerable. Second you didn't choose this life so it's not fair for you to be expected to be able to defend yourself when the only reason you're here is because you're datin' my son and you know that fool.