Spoilt

Lily's POV

School

Homecoming is nearly two weeks away and Asia still won't shut the hell up about it.

Asia: So my Mom and I were looking at dresses on Saturday and I saw this like skin tight backless one and it was all sparkly and I- are you even listening?

No.

Lily: Of course I am.

Asia: Ok so we almost bought it but there was none left in my size , but we found this super cute two piece and my Mom was like "Lily would look so cute in that" and I was like- and you don't care.

Lily: Of course I care Asia it's just that homecoming is almost two weeks away so I don't exactly need to find a dress right now.

Asia: But if you don't get one now all the good homecoming dresses will be gone.

????: Speaking of homecoming...

We turn around to see Javier standing behind us with a rose in his teeth and soft Spanish guitar music playing from his phone.

Javi: Ladies...

He takes a step closer to us and grabs my hand.

Javi: Lily..

He takes the rose out of his mouth and places in my hand.

Javi: Will you go to ho-

Lily: Stop, stop, stop right there.

Javi: Seriously?

He pauses the music on his phone.

Javi: Asia can we have a little privacy?

Asia: I'll see you in class Lily.

Asia walks off.

Javi: Ok what is your problem? This is twice now I've asked you out and this is twice now you've turned me down in front of everybody, what the hell is wrong with you? It's our first homecoming Lily I can't believe that I wanna go more than you, usually it's the other way round like girls usually love this shit.

Lily: Stop yelling at me.

Javi: I can yell at you because I'm mad and I have every right to be. So what is it? Are you embarrassed? Was it the way I asked you?

I nodded.

Javi: So you said no the first time because it was a little on the spot and you thought I was only asking you because Drew asked Asia?

Lily: Yeah.

Javi: And you said no the second time because?..

Lily: Well first of all the music was a little tacky..

Javi: I knew I shouldn't have used that song. And..

Lily: And well, I don't know. When I was little I used to watch girls on TV get asked to their proms and homecomings in really big ways and this was when I lived in the UK so when I saw them I thought I used to wish that one day someone would ask me to a dance like that.

Javi: So you're saying, you want to be asked bigger?

Lily: Well I guess so.

Javi: You're right, you deserve so much better. I promise I'll ask you the way you deserve to be asked.

He kisses my cheek.

Javi: I'll see you in English.

Home