Meeting The Leywins

It's been a bit over a year now. I'm at Dark Orange core now and about to break through to Solid Orange. I really did make the right choice, choosing 500% learning speed. I'm quite powerful now, considering I beat Kaspian Bladeheart last month while he was training me in my swordplay.

"Your usage in magic is excellent, but your swordplay is quite lacking in comparison." He told me.

Seeing as how the perfect example was standing right in front of me, I asked him to teach me his sword, and with Father backing me, telling him I was only three and already so talented, he caved and taught me his sword.

"Kuro. You may have learned my sword but I want you to make sure you never copy me. You must find your way of the sword just as everybody else has and will. Even my niece, Claire, will have to learn her own way of the sword. I am merely her foundation, just as I am yours."

"Yes, sir. I understand."

If Kaspian was strong, I would've used Dawn's Ballad to train with him. But he's not, so I just had Father buy me a standard iron sword. Of course, I modified it to fit my normally irregular swordsmanship style. Though, if I'm gonna have Kamish's Wrath in the future, I'm probably gonna need to learn other styles of combat.

I was currently training in my backyard. I'm more than happy to say that I've unlocked two Deviant's. After enough time training with Wind and Earth, I finally unlocked Gravity and Sound.

Now, I can multiply my weight instead of just increasing the resistance placed on my body.

"Kuro." Father called to me, standing next to the backyard door.

"Yes, Father?"

"So I was wondering. How would you like to attend the Sixth Annual Helstea Auction with the family? I originally wanted to invite you all along and I thou-"

"Father, you're doing it again."

"Ah, sorry."

I chuckled."No, it's fine. I'd be more than happy to go with you guys."

I heard Father was talking about needing a guard for the Auction House. I think it should be around this time when the Leywin's should be arriving anytime now.

"Hmm. What am I going to do though? I still need a guard for the Auction House to minimize damage if there's an incident." He pondered.

"Do you have any old friends you might have in mind, Father?" I hinted.

"Well, there's one, but we haven't talked in a while. Last time I checked, he settled down with his wife and had a kid."

Yeah, I'm well aware, I literally read this whole situation in my last life, dude. They're gonna encounter bandits near the Grand Mountains and Arthur's gonna fall off a cliff, be assumed dead for four months, and return in Xyrus in three or so years later, during the race integration competition thing that was briefly mentioned.

Actually, I think it's about right... now.

"Sir. You have a visitor waiting for you," a maid came out and notified.

"Huh? Who could that be? Do you wanna go with me, Kuro?"

"Sure."

That's the Leywins, alright.

We made our way to the front doors and opened it.

"Ah! Rey! How've you been? What're you doing here?" Father cheered.

"Ah, could you let us inside and explain? This is a long one." He caught a glimpse of me coming from behind Father and looked a bit confused. Alice looked a bit pained to see me.