FC | Side Story: Claire And The Twins

Author's Note

Welcome to your first Filler Chapter(FC).

If you don't know what this is, read again, because you should know what filler means.

In any case, it is as I said previously.

I wanted to be able to create more interaction throughout the Xyrus Academy Arc but I focused too much on advancing the plot.

With these Filler Chapters, I will be doing so.

Various characters I've mentioned will be included and all interactions in these filler chapters will be canon.

They will have occurred either between chapters or as a current event while Kuro, Arthur and Nico have been rampaging across Xyrus Academy.

Also, I should preface; no, there's no ulterior motives to these, no plot-based reasons as to why exactly they come when they do.

I'll just write them when I reach a particularly stagnant stage in my work. You can also expect something a bit like this in my other work, Brother's Once More, however, it won't exactly be filler in the same sense.

I'll let you find out what I mean by that sometime soon.

Claire Bladeheart

"Well, hey there, you two!" I waved a greeting at the familiar two faces that weren't ever known to be apart.

"Good afternoon, Miss Bladeheart," Cyrus said.

Cyrus was the more formal one of the twins, so he was always the easier one to differentiate between the two.

"Hello," Castor greeted with a slight bow, his even expression reminding me a bit of Kuro.

"So what brings you here today? I heard you two got the Kuro treatment too, so it's a bit rare for either of you twins to be attending a class, let alone the both of you."

Like Kuro, Director Goodsky allowed the ever famous 'Ace Duo' free reign around the academy as executives of Xyrus Academy, so they didn't even need to attend classes.

Apparently, there's a rumor going around that Castor and Cyrus never even went to Xyrus for classes. Word's been going around the school that they only attended because Kuro went.

"Young Master Kuro has encouraged us to attend classes at least once a week. He has also told us to 'get rest' from keeping watch on the Young Miss."

"We've been forced to go to class."

I could only nod at this point. "Of course. It's no surprise you wouldn't have come had Kuro not ordered it.

Oh, but speaking of him, I heard you guys learned a few spells from him? What's that about?"

Cyrus nodded, and what looked like a feeling of reminiscence reflected in his gaze for a moment.

"Yes and no. During his time as our Master, the Young Master taught us a single spell and changed our outlook on all of magic."

"What?! One spell? You're telling me you two are almost entirely self-taught, then?" I looked at the two with a newfound amazement as they nodded.

"We don't require lessons because we do not know the same magic you do. There is absolutely no way we can attend class regardless of our wishes. The way we have learned and the way you have learned are of two different worlds."

I was deep in thought as I processed what Cyrus told me.

"So... you two are both monster talents at the White stage with impeccable swordsmanship and some of the best mana manipulation skills on the continent all while being self taught?"