Part 45 - I do!

Raya sighed as she returned inside the palace. She had quite a bit to catch up on and she instantly got to work to distract her from thoughts about Namaari. Indulging in her emotions will only make her sad and thankfully, they did get to communicate about the big celebration for everyone in Fang and Heart that would be held in a few weeks in Fang. 

After weeks of waiting, Raya and Namaari finally reunited and were extremely thrilled to be with each other again. They themselves were awarded as heroes of Kumandra for all their efforts in not only fighting the licinseram but also for always being willing to serve their lands. Kumandra was flourishing in harmony and things have been peaceful across all the lands but in several months, another great event--- 2 actually-- were underway!

*********************************************************************************
"Rayaaaa, wake up sweetieeeee." whispered Dalia.

Raya slowly woke and yawned. "Good morning mom..." she mumbled.

"Good morning darling. Guess what?" 

"What happened?" asked Raya while rubbing her eyes.

"I'm not telling you, dear. I'll let you wake and think properly then you'll be able to register what day today is."

Raya thought for a moment then instantly gasped. "Your wedding!"

Dalia chuckled and said, "That's right darling. But don't get too excited and use up all your energy now. Five hours remain. Ensure to have breakfast and then you'll get dressed and ready."

"I can't believe that all of Kumandra will be attending, that's gonna be a very big congregation."

"Yeah and to be honest, it is nerve racking, especially with this baby...should be here in less than a month." said Dalia while gently rubbing her now prominent baby bump.

"You're going to be amazing. Both today and when it's time for your baby to enter this world." said Raya. 

Dalia then embraced her and said, "Thank you Raya, you've been one of the sources of my greatest joy ever since I know you. And you're truly like my daughter."

"And you're a mom to me. You're so amazing, so kind...and that makes me so very happy. And it is an honor to be attending your wedding. A person likes you deserves nothing but the best life has to offer."

Dalia got a little emotional and she and Raya embraced each other for a while before Dalia said, "Thank you so much,I'll see you later my love, I will be leaving to Fang to get ready."

"Have a wonderful time!"

"I will darling, I love you."

"I love you too."

After Dalia left, Raya went to get herself refreshed and the head for breakfast. She was excited about the day for two reasons. Her Ba and Dalia tying the knot and she'd get to see Namaari again. Her Ba was at the breakfast table and she started humming the bridal song.

Chief Benja chuckled and said, "Good morning dewdrop."

"Good morning Husband-in-a-few-hours." replied Raya.

"I'm definitely looking forward to it. I already feel the emotions coming on." said the Chief.

Raya sat beside him and said, "Ba, I'm so happy for you! And I'm almost certain that I'll be the one shedding the most tears."

"Heh, you might just be surprised dewdrop."

"That'd be super interesting." said Raya.

Breakfast was served and they both kept talking about their expectations for the day and Raya didn't ease up teasing her Ba. Afterwards, she went to get ready for the wedding. She'd be wearing a beautiful green strapless dress since green is Dalia's favorite color. Her hair would be fully straightened and she'd be wearing a golden tiara with golden arm jewelry in a dragon outline as well as light makeup. To top it all off, she wore satin gloves that matched the color of her dress. She was absolutely stunning and was ready to depart to the venue- a beautifully decorated section of the mainland, mainly done by the dragons.

When Raya arrived, all eyes were on her and she waved to them all and was escorted to her seat by one of the guards. She awaited Namaari and was a little sad when she saw that she wasn't present as yet. She then felt a tap of the shoulder and turned around. It was Santos.

"Hey Santos!" She greeted.

"Princess you are stunning!"

"Thank you, I was up for the challenge today to endure all these enhancements." replied Raya.

In a few minutes, Namaari and Chief Virana arrived. They were both very gorgeous in their traditional Fang outfits. Namaari was stunned when she saw how beautiful Raya was and she sat next to her, she said, "Dep la! Wow!! You look like you're the one getting married."

Raya blushed and said, "Oh come on! I don't look that beautiful."

"Tell that to a blind man."

"If I ever see one. Have you seen my stepmom?"

"Unfortunately, but she's here."

Raya grinned and said, "Ohhh! I can't wait to see her!"

"All of us here can't wait for that." said Namaari.

Several minutes had passed before a calm, royal rendition of the bridal song began playing, signaling that the ceremony was about to begin. In his human form, Pengu went before everyone and said, "Hello Kumandra! Today is indeed a very special day. Today is the day Heart's leader, Chief Benja, ties the knot with Madam Dalia. It's an honor to have someone as precious as Dalia as a leader of Heart and also a wife. And so, let the ceremony commence."

The bridal song amplified and one of the dragons used her flowering ability to make a petal path where Dalia would walk. After about a minute of waiting which felt more like hours, Dalia made her appearance and everyone was mesmerized by her beauty. She wore a very long, strapless white dress with a green color gradient with flowers beautifully decorating it. She also wore long gloves that began white and transitioned to a light green. In her hands was a beautiful flower bouquet and her hair was done in a romantic updo with the ends of her hair dyed in teal and flower accessories decorating it but her veil covered her beautiful face. Once halfway there, Chief Benja made his appearance at the front of the crowd, awaiting his bride. He had his hair down which was rare for anyone to see but he looked amazing in it and he was in a white ao dai lined with diamonds. Dalia felt a little nervous and was getting very emotional as she neared Chief Benja. 

She smiled at him and they were hand in hand and then said their vows which was a very emotional moment for both as they reminisced on how and when they first fell in love and how much stronger their love for each other has grown.

"Now," Pengu began, "Chief Benja, do you take Dalia to be your lawfully wedding wife?"

"Yes, I most certainly do." 

"And Dalia, do you take Chief Benja to be your lawfully wedding husband?"

"Absolutely!" replied Dalia.

"Wonderful, I now pronounce you both husband and wife. Chief Benja, you may now kiss your beautiful wife for life." said Pengu happily.

Chief Benja smiled and pulled over the section of her veil covering her face and he admired her beauty before he kissed her lips. Everyone clapped and cheered on the newly wedded couple and Raya wiped a tear that managed to escape from her eye. The dragons made petal fireworks and glitter which rained down on everyone. 

"I love you so much Benja." expressed Dalia.

He carefully wiped away her tear and said, "I love you more, my beautiful wife. Today is ours and now, let's enjoy it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANNOUNCEMENT: Hi everyone! How have you all been?? I hope all is well. I know I haven't updated MENDING in a while but here's an update! A few more chapters remain BUTTTTTT! I took so long to give an update because I was working on ANOTHER RATLD FANFIC!!! I literally completed it in a few days lollll! So after MENDING I will post each chapter on a routine basis and I hope you'll enjoy it!