iii

₊˚ ִֶָ ʚ THE WARRIORS OF KYOSHI ! ˖̥ ₉

ZUKO AND LIAN   meditated until Iroh came bearing news.

"There is news about the Avatar, but you might not like it, Prince Zuko. Don't get too upset." Iroh states, putting his hands up in defense.

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it." Zuko responds and continues meditating.

"Ok then... we have no idea where he is." The candle flames explode as Zuko jumps up. "Lian took that better than you." Iroh finishes, holding onto a map.

"What?!" Zuko exclaims.

"Level head, huh?" Lian mocks and receives a glare. As Zuko stares at the sighting of the Avatar, his eyes follow up the map.

"How am I going to find him? He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering." Zuko confirms and rolls up the map.

"Zuko you really need to calm down," She says with a sigh, and stands up. Iroh shakes his head and leaves, shutting the door gently on his way out. Zuko sighs heavily, sitting back down. She takes a seat next to him. Even as she squeezed her eyes shut, Lian could feel him clenching his fists.

"Everything will be fine, Zuko." She says as she relaxes his hand.

"How am I supposed to find him? I just can't chase him around, Lian." He responds angrily.

"Zuko, we're gonna find him-"

"How?!" He bursts out, pushing away her hand. "You don't understand. My honor depends on this, I have to bring him home to my father." His eyes flood with frustration. "Three years, Lian. Three years. And I've finally found him." She jumps up as Zuko gets up to leave. Grabbing his wrist, Lian spins him around and pulls him back down.

"I do understand how you're feeling. All I want is for your father to accept you for who you are, Avatar or not." Zuko's eyes soften, but don't leave hers. "I don't want anyone to call you 'The Banished Prince' anymore." Lian says, gently touching his scar. He flinches but doesn't remove her hand.