v

₊˚ ִֶָ ʚ AVATAR DAY ! ˖̥ ₉

THE GANG IS STARTLED awake by Momo chittering loudly, followed by multiple fire nation soldiers surrounding them.

"Give up! You're completely surrounded!" One of the soldiers calls.

"It's too early for this." Lian groans before using a water whip to knock down half of the soldiers. Katara encases their weapons in ice as Aang rushes to get his staff and Katara's scrolls. They quickly hop onto Appa and fly away before the soldiers get out of the ice.

"Wait, my boomerang!" Sokka yells, looking around.

"Sorry Sokka, no time." Katara frowns.

"Oh, so there's time for your scrolls and Aang's glider, but not my boomerang?"

"Yup!" Katara grins.

"If it makes you feel better.. I didn't have anything to lose anyway." Lian shrugs.

"It didn't make me feel better. And you have that ring!"

"Oh right." They land in a small village, and they leave Appa to buy some produce. Once they prepare to leave, the merchant bids them farewell.

"Have a nice Avatar day!" He calls, turning to the next few people.

"Avatar day?" Katara asks. He points them down the street, to a busy festival. Multiple green lanterns are hung up, and an enormous float of Avatar Kyoshi floats by followed by one of Avatar Roku.

"Why are they..?" Lian starts as the villagers head towards the Avatar statues with torches.

"Down with the Avatar!" Aang's mouth hangs open in shock, as Katara quickly extinguishes the flames.

"What are you doing?!" One of the villagers screams.

"Let's go.." Lian whispers to no avail as Aang reveals himself as the Avatar.