Chapter 4

Sonic's pov:

As I continued to walk along the trail I look infront of me to see a dark hedgehog with red strips who was clearly shadow not to fair in the distance sitting in a tree, I then began to run up shadow "hey shads!" After yelling that shadow seemed to have been a bit startled and ended up falling out of the tree and hitting the ground. "WHAT THE HELL FAKER!" Shadow was very visibility upset and I felt a bit bad "sorry shads"

after that I reached out my hand to help him up to see a little pink appear across his face. Wait was shadow blushing?!? "Like what you see" I asked teasing shadow, after I had said that the pink across shadow's face turned into a deep, darker pink before I could get a better look shadow quietly got up and puched me back, "shads chill I was only messing with yo-" "well stop before you get hurt!" Shadow sounded and looked visibly upset about what occurred so I quietly thought of what to say next.

"sorry shadow, I didn't you it would upset you that much" after saying that I looked down, my hands together looking pretty nervous. "It's fine sonic.." shadow sounded pretty calm while saying that which was pretty weird but the thing that caught my attention was the fact that he said my name, for some reason shadow would only really call me 'faker' but this time he actually called me by my name.

I think shadow could tell that I was I bit shocked because of what he asked next, "you good faker? What did I say something that I shouldn't have or something?" "No, no shads, it's just i'm surprised you called me sonic, you usually just call me 'faker'" honestly I was I bit curious on what shadow had to say and what his reason behind actually calling me by my name was and why he seemed so calm. 

"Well that's your name isn't it?" " yeah I mean you got a point, but I think that's the first time you've said it" I was very surprised that shadow wasn't trying to kill me right and that I got to see the calm side of him, it was nice to see.

"Shadow?" I made sure to stay as calm as possible worried that that a sudden change of emotions may trigger something in him "hm? What is it sonic?" I felt pretty nervous about making the comment that I was about to make but I didn't know why, it's not like anything bad it's like uh.. friend to friend thing I guess. "You should act like this more often, show your calmer side, be more vulnerable."

Shadow's pov:

"You should act like this more often, show your calmer side, be more vulnerable." Be more vulnerable, wait, was I really being vulnerable around him?! That can't be! That's not like me, well.. that's not like how I show myself to be...

I still can't believe I'm acting like this right now, and around sonic out of all people! It would have been different if it was around rouge but him. "Just because I may be acting calmer doesn't mean I'm vulnerable, I'm never vulnerable. Got that!?" Honesty after I realised I just snapped at sonic I felt a bit bad, but why?

He's my rival it's not like we're friends or something, so why would I care. "Oh.. I'm sorry shadz, I didn't think you would take it that way. I meant it as more of a compliment not as an insult or something" for some reason after he had said that I felt worse, I felt.. bad? I'm not sure, I was a bit confused at this moment, that can't be, why would I care how he feels, I don't like him! I hate him! I was just trying to take in all that had happened. Trying to contact the dots.

"I think I should go now." Was all I had said before turning around, until I felt something grab my arm. "Shadow I'm sorry I insulted you, I hope that this doesn't change our friendship at all" wait, our friendship? Did he really see us as.. friends? For some reason the thought of that made me feel happy, but at the same time I felt.. upset by it? I was so very much confused at this moment, I didn't know what to do nor think. What is happening to me?!

I'm sorry about the long wait on this chapter and that it may be shorter then what you were expecting due to how long I have been gone for, but I do hope you enjoy it and I'll be working on chapter 5 soon. - Mouse