Chapter 6

Shadow's pov:

I slowly woke with my face feeling wet and cold, I sat up from my bed a walked over to the bathroom across the hall from my own room. After arriving I looked in the mirror to realize that my the fur on my cheeks were very flat due to them being wet and the part of my eyes that were normal white had more a red tint to them, showing that I must've been crying in my sleep. "Damn it! Why dose this have to keep happening to me!"

"Shadow dear, are you okay in there? Rouge sounded a bit worried due to my yelling, I didn't realise that I was so loud "yeah I'm fine rouge, sorry about that." I just hoping rouge wouldn't ask about it since this happened pretty frequently but I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to get out of it this time.

"Shadow can you please come out and talk to me, I'm really worried about you dear." I didn't want to come out, I didn't want rouge to see me like this, I was a complete mess at the moment. I didn't really know what to do to hide that fact that I cried so I just used the towel that was there to dry my face and unlocked the door looking down slightly to hide my eyes as I opened up the door.

"Hun.. can you look at me?" After hearing rouge say that with a very soft worried tone I slowly lifted my head to face her. "Shadow what happened?! Why were you crying?!" After asking me that she quickly went and hugged me, as I slowly hugged her back.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you I just didn't want yo-" "you didn't want me to worry about you, that's typical shadow for yeah!" She said while we both began to pull away from the hug, I could tell she was trying to lighten the mood to help me calm down and it surprisingly worked, I felt more calm and I didn't feel upset or sad at the moment when I felt that way only a few seconds before.

"I think it would be better if we sat down before I began" I knew that rouge wouldn't tease me about this, though I still wasn't 100% on board with telling her, that reason being that I just didn't want her to worry about me. "Okay hun, let's go back to your room, after all it is the closest"

Once we arrived we sat down on my bed and I began to tell rouge everything. about maira telling me about love, me taking to Gerald Robotnik about it, and even if I didn't want to I also told her about me running away and crying in an empty room, me just mentioning it caused me to tear up a bit, I felt so weak. after rouge noticed me tearing up she began hug me and hold me close. "I-m s-orry rouge, I'm sorry I'm so pathetic" "hun you aren't pathetic, it's okay to show emotions".

Rouge's pov:

I felt so bad for shadow, he doesn't deserve to go though this. "It's okay for others to show them, yes, but not me. after all people few me as an emotionless monster" "shadow, you aren't and will never be an emotionless monster, I will be here for you whenever you need me."

"I know you will rouge."

Sorry for the long wait and for this chapter being quite a bit shorter then the others, the next one hopefully will be longer and I hope you still enjoyed this one. -Mouse