Chapter 8

Shadow's pov:

It's about 6:00AM at the moment and me and rouge are planning to leave around 6:20-6:25 which gives me a little under a half hour to get ready. All I need to do really is pick out something to wear for the party since I've already had a shower and stuff. Rouge told me to dress formal but not too formal, after looking though the clothes in my closet I pull out a white long sleeve button up shirt with a par of black pants.

After I finished up getting my clothes on I hear rouge yell from downstairs "Shadow you almost ready to go?! It's 6:18!"

"Yeah I'm coming down now!" Honestly I really didn't want to go but I felt like I didn't look that bad, I mean I must've looked better than I usually do. I began to exit my room and make my way down the stairs as they creaked at each step I would take.

"Oh my! Hun you look so handsome, you trying to impress a special lady at the party?"

"Rouge, the last thing I would do it dress up for some chick" as much I didn't enjoy rouge's comment I couldn't exactly blame her for making it, after all I've never actually been in a relationship and she doesn't exactly know I'm gay yet. It's not that I don't trust her with knowing or that I think she wouldn't accept me, it's just that I don't really understand how to feel about it. I mean why do I feel this way about other men but not females, expressly since I wasn't exactly created to feel or really have love expressed to me, I'm kinda just meant to be alone really.

"Whatever hun, even though you may not be trying to I wouldn't be surprised if you did" rouge said with a smirk on her face. "Rouge, you look nice as well" I had said calmly hoping she wouldn't make a huge deal out of me complimenting her, "aw thanks shadow, I thought I looked nice as well."

I was pleasantly surprised that she hadn't made a big deal out of it but I wasn't going to spend my time over thinking this like I do with everything else, and with that we were out the door and on our way to sonic's house.

*——————————————————————*

We stood at the end of the driveway, outside of sonic's house, I started to feel way more nervous than before and I wasn't exactly happy about it. I hated this feeling so much, it made be feel weak and  extremely vulnerable, like anyone could just grab me and I wouldn't be in the right mindset to react, let alone fight back.

Rouge nudged me lightly, kicking me back to my senses "you okay hun?" Rouge asked with a little worry in her voice, replying with my usual dark tone and cold demeanour "yeah, I'm fine"

"Well then let's go!" Rouge said, not long after she began to pick up her paste dragging me right behind her, soon reaching the front door of the house.

"Umm... rouge, I think it would be better if I just went home.." I felt so anxious just standing at the front door, just knowing that there would be so many people inside just stressed me out. "Shadow, everything is going to be just fine, just give it a chance.. for me?" Rouge sounded a little upset, she didn't sound angry at all it just seemed she really wanted me to be here, I mean I don't blame her, I know she cares a lot about me, I mean we see each other as siblings in a way. "Fine, just one chance" I said after a big sigh

Rouge must've been happy with my response because right after saying this she began jumping up and down and hugged me thanking me for saying I would give it a chance.

Rouge than rang the doorbell and I anxiously stood there until someone came to the door, and it was none other then the blue blur himself sonic. "Hey guys, glad you could make it!" Sonic had said with a cheery voice and went to grab both our hands to bring us inside making me flinch a bit not being used to much physical touch other then from rouge. Once inside my ears were being blasted with loud music causing them to lower against my skull,  "shads you okay?" Sonic asked looking at me with a worried face "yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me, just go have fun with your friends" I honestly didn't want to be here and was just planning on sticking with rouge but as I look around me I see rouge is nowhere in sight.