Chapter 5

Shadow's pov again:
(sorry I have a lot of ideas for this mans pov lol)

"Shadow I'm sorry I insulted you, I hope that this doesn't change our friendship at all" I still didn't know how to react to this, that was until my thoughts were disturbed by the blue hedgehog's high pitch voice.

"Shadow? You feeling okay?"

"Oh um.. yeah I'm fine, just thinking is all, nothing you need to worry about." I didn't realise I was trapped in my thoughts for that long, it felt like only a few seconds but it must've been at least a few minutes at most before sonic had interrupted them.

"Okay shadz, if you say so.." I felt pretty relieved that he wasn't going to barge into my thoughts like would have most likely try to do if it was her here instead of sonic. After a while the sun slowly began to go down, they still probably had about another hour to two hours until the sun would fully set, but as it started to go down it reminded shadow of what he was going to do before sonic asked him that question.

"I really should get going now."
"Oh right sorry about that shadow, have a nice night!"

Sonic had said that in his usual cheery tone,
"you as well, faker."

Why did it hurt me to say bye to him? Wait... could this feeling be.. no.. it couldn't be. At that I began to walk back to me and rouge's house. Once arriving at the house I opened the door and walked inside, making sure to shut the door behind me. "Where were you shadow?! You have been gone for hours!"

After hearing that I quickly turned around to see rouge standing by the door looking at me, "I was just in the woods reading, that's all." maria always told me to never lie, so I didn't, I just didn't say the full truth since I really didn't need to deal with rouge teasing me about it since nothing happened between us.

"If you say so hun" at that she let me walk past, not even around three steps she had stopping me in my tracks "there is some food in the kitchen, you should eat before heading to bed" rouge said with a calm voice. "I'm not really hungry" after I had said that she just let out a sigh, I didn't really need the food since I was fuelled by chaos energy, not food. I honestly really only ate food even once and a while, ether to help take my mind off things or just to help me feel more normal.

I then started to walk upstairs and taking a turn to my room, shutting the door behind me and began to lay in my bed and slowly drift off to sleep.

Shadow's dream pov:

"Huh, where am I? Once my vision became less blurry I noticed that I was on the ark, with maria. I slowly stood up and walked over to the big window that was in maria's room where she had been standing, staring out of.

"Oh hello shadow!" Maria had said with a warm and happy tone in her voice. "Hello" I said happily back to her, "shadow I can't wait till we can go down to earth, and we can fall in love, and live happily with someone" what she had said confused me, maria had always told me to ask her if I didn't understand something she said so that's exactly what I did.

"What do you mean 'fall in love'?"

"Well that's when you feel warm and fuzzy inside, like you have butterflies in your tummy when you are around someone you care deeply for, or at least what I have been told. You should ask my grandfather about it, he must know more about it then I do"

"Okay I'll go ask him now!" And at that I ran to find Gerald Robotnik. After a bit of skating around the ark I soon found Gerald sitting at his computer. "Hello Gerald Robotnik, I wanted to ask you something".

"Oh hello project shadow, come sit over here then you can ask away." He then when across the room too where two chairs were, then motioning me to sit in the empty seat next to him, "I wanted to ask you about love, when will I fall in love?"

"Shadow let me make myself very clear so you won't have to ask me such a question again."

At that I fell silent, not knowing what to say and just listened to what he had to say.
•————————————————————————•
You are incapable of love.

You aren't real.

No one truly cares for you.

You only have one purpose and that's to heal my grandchild.

No one would ever fall for someone, no something like you.

That shouldn't bother you too much though since you can't feel love, nor fall in love.
•————————————————————————•
Got it?

I just nodded my head and walked out of the room. Once I made it out I ran to an empty room on the ark and just curled up against the wall, and cried.. I felt so weak, so stupid, he's right, I'm incapable of love.. After all I'm just some deformed alien creature, how could something like me be capable of such an amazing sounding thing.

Sorry that closer to the end of this chapter it was more on the sad side, I just randomly thought of the idea and thought that it would help to add something to the story, I do hope you enjoy this chapter! - Mouse