Chapter 9

Sonic's pov:

It's been almost a week since me and shadow had our first kiss, well our first kiss with each other. That was my first kiss and I think it most likely was shadows too, well that's if we're not counting the one he had with scourge at the party since it was kinda forced. We're planning on going on a race later today which is exciting since we haven't went on one together since the kiss.

I finally decided to get out of bed after looking over to my alarm clock and seeing its about 10:05am at the moment, which is later than when I usually get out of bed. After doing so I step out of my room and make my way down stairs to see in the kitchen a pan of eggs and a beg of bread by the toaster, along with a note on the counter. I walked on over to it to read it

"hey sonic, I'm not sure when you're going to read this but if you are I'm not home at the moment since I have gone out to get some supplies for a new invention I've been working on. Be back soon!"

- Miles Tails Prower

After reading the note I decided to take out a slice of bread out of the bag and place it in the toaster, along with turning on the stove to heat up the eggs a tiny bit since they were a tad cold. Once my breakfast was ready I brought it over to the dining table and began to eat my food. I was almost done but than heard my phone beep, I picked it up off the table and turned it over to see that I had gotten a text from shadow reading

"Hey just wondering when you were up from our race, if you want to cancel go ahead I don't care."

After reading it I let out a little chuckle to the part saying he wouldn't care. I don't know why but I found it funny because I felt he probably did care, even if it's the tiniest bit. I soon replied letting him know that I'm free now and I'll meet hin there, once sending the message I hurried to finish up my meal and made my way to the door, placing my shoes on and bolting out to get over to our usual racing spot.

Shadow's pov:

"About time you can slowpoke" the blue blur spoke with his cocky voice "shush it faker! I'm usually the one here first and waiting on you I spoke back trying to sound intimidating. "I think I know why you took so long shads, your quills look really nice, trying to impress someone by any chance?" Sonic asked with a smirk placed on his face "just shut up and race me sonic!" I yelled back with a slight blush on my face" "now now shadow calm down, I want to make a deal with you" the royal blue hedgehog said "and what might that be?" I asked "well if I win I want you to start to act a bit more yourself around me" the blue blur stated looking right at me, "w-what do you mean, I do act like myself" I said back "no, you act like how you think people want you to act, like how people expect you to act. I want you to act a bit more how you did that night, you were so sweet, so emotional and so much more open to help, I want to see you like that more often." "What if I win?" I ask after finally looking him back into the eyes "you can continue to act how you please" sonic said.

We lined up behind a line sonic had made in the dirt and got ready to start our race, "are you ready shadow?" Sonic asked me "yeah, are you?" I respond "as ready as ever!" He sounded oddly confident, and more than usual but I didn't think much of it and got ready behind the line.

"Ready... Set... GO!"

Sonic shouted and I floated up slightly to use my rocket shoes, right as I started to move sonic slid his foot in front of where my shoe was sliding into causing me so lose control and fall over. I looked up slightly to see a blue blur speed past and I let out an annoyed groan but quickly got up and began to run again not wanting to lose this race.

I could see sonic in the distance but I could also see the finish line, and at that point I knew I was done for. I decided to speed up as much as I could and right as I was about to pass the finish line I saw sonic speed right past, at the moment I froze right before the finish line, I didn't know what to do, I wasn't upset with sonic so much but I was mainly upset with myself. "Look who won again" sonic stated with a cocky smirk and his signature thumbs up "whatever, I'm going home".

"Wait right there Mr. Edge Lord" sonic chuckled a little "don't call me that" I huffed back "what about emo" he chuckled again to the dumb name "don't even think about it" I said glaring back at him "hmm how about-" right as faker was about to name another one I stepped in "just shadow, nothing else" I spoke back "fine shads" after he said I just gave him a harsh look as he continued what he was talking about before. "I'm not saying you have to completely drop the whole act you have going on-" "it's not an act" I said but he completely ignored that and continued speaking "just try not to be such a downer all the time, you know you can trust me and I don't want you to feel that you can't be yourself around me" he spoke calmly and sweetly making my heart flutter about in my stomach 'he really cares about me' I thought with a slight blush along my cheeks "fine, but you better not try to use it against me-"

"shadow.. I promise"

Once he finished speaking he gave me a sweet kiss on the four head and smiled sweetly at me, I than aloud myself to give him a slight smile in return as we said our goodbyes to one another and headed back home.

'I feel that I really can trust him...'

Sorry that updates are a bit slow right now but I have a lot going on in terms of school as it's getting closer to the end of the school year for me, also I don't want to have to force myself to write because if I do that I would be turning it into more of a choir instead of a hobby. I hope you understand and enjoyed this chapter. -Mouse