Chapter 11

Sonic's pov:

Shadow sent me a text about an hour or so after our call letting me know a time that he was going to come and pick me up, I'm super excited for this... date? Bro hangout?.. Yeah not that, maybe just some sort of friendly hangout. Probably, agh! I'm overthinking it. I thought as I sat up from where I was sitting to head to the bathroom for a shower to freshen up for this event.

After showering I stepped out of the shower, drying myself off with a towel and fixing up my quills. After a quick look in the mirror I was happy with how they looked and walked out of the bathroom to go pick out something to wear. I walked though the door to my bedroom and walked over to my closet, I then opened it up and looked at where I kept all of my more 'fancy' clothing like suits, dress pants and button ups, I decided I didn't want to go too fancy but I still wanted to look a little fancy since we were going out for dinner somewhere, and knowing shadow it probably wouldn't be some random fast food joint, so I decided to go with a pair of black dress pants and a navy blue button up.

I than placed them on my bed and got made sure they weren't all wrinkly, than put them on. Once finishing with that I walked over to the mirror that was on the closet door and made sure everything was on nicely, and walked out to the living room to grab the little gift I got for him not long after receiving the call.

————————————————————————
Shadow's pov:

It's about 6 o'clock at the moment and our date is scheduled for 6:40 pm so I have about 30 minutes to get home and get ready.

Oh no, not right now.

Of course up ahead where I have to go is scourge, leaning against a tree with some sort of caned drink in hand, probably beer. I quickly get behind a nearby tree before he could see me and think of a plan. After thinking for a minute the most obvious idea comes to my head,

use my chaos emerald to chaos control home.

I quickly feel though my quills for my emerald just to come to the realisation that

it isn't there..

I quickly look around where I am and spot it on the ground where I was standing before, but I wasn't the only one who saw it as I hear footsteps coming towards me. I swiftly move to another side of the tree and peek over to see scourge coming over to the emerald, I didn't want to deal with him because of the events from the party but I didn't think I had much choice since if I didn't come out from hiding he would take my damn fourth chaos emerald.

I slowly step away from the tree and start to walk into few of scourge, glaring at him as I began to speak "that's my emerald scourge"

"Oh hey shady, how are you?" He spook back to me, not even really acknowledging what I said. "For one don't ever call me that again, two that's my emerald so I hope you don't mind me taking it and heading out"

"Aww don't be like that! You know you wanna hang out with me, we would have so much fu-" before scourge could finish I was quick to interrupt him "I hate to disappoint but I already have plans, maybe another time" I say fully knowing that I didn't plan to make plans with his ass later and I just wanted to end this conversation before he did something.

"Ughh finee! I'll be sure to make time for you!~" he said, "yeah, yeah whatever you say" and at that I quickly picked up the chaos emerald and chaos controlled home.

Once home I looked at the time to see it was already 6:12 "if only scourge didn't waste my time like that" I thought as I walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

————————————————————————
After taking a shower and fixing up my quills I went to my bedroom and opened up my wardrobe and started to pick out something to wear, after looking at some of my options I decided to go with a dark red suit and a black tie, I quickly changed into it and headed out to the kitchen to grab the bouquet off the kitchen island.

Once I was all ready to go I looked at my phone to see that sonic would most likely be expecting me any minute now, I then ran outside and hopped onto my motorcycle and drove off to sonic's house.

Once there I parked my vehicle on the driveway and walked up to his front door, taking a deep breath to prepare myself before knocking on the door.

————————————————————————

Sonic's pov:

I was just sitting on the couch looking down at my phone when all of a sudden hear a knock at the door "it must be shadow!" I thought, just the thought of it began to increase my heart rate as I made my way to the door, with the gift in a nice blue bag with a red bow on it, keeping the beg closed. Once at the door I took a breath and began to open it, as nervous as I was for this I was way more excited, I mean after all this is going to be my first date!

"Hello sonic" shadow said looking sweetly at me, having some much joy hidden behind his dark crimson eyes. "Hey shads!" I said excitedly, looking back at him. "I got you this, I hope you like it" he said nervously pulling out a bouquet of red roses from behind his back "oh my god! Shadow they're beautiful!" I squeak out, I must've looked like a kid in a candy shop.

"Well I also got you a gift!" I spoke up, extending my arms towards him, gift bag in hand. "Do you want me to open it now or when I get home?" He asked, looking a little puzzled, "Open it now! I want to see your reaction!" I said, with lots of joy.

After this he slowly began to untie the bow and slowly pull out the red and blue tissue paper that was covering up the gift, he slowly pulled it out and when he did you could see the pure happiness on his face, to be honest with you I was worried that this relationship we have going on wasn't going to work out, but after seeing this look I knew it would.

I just knew.

————————————————————————
Shadow's pov:

Once untying the bow and taking out the tissue paper I slowly looked into the bag to see some sort of wooden frame, I was a little confused so I slowly pulled it out and when I saw it my face just lit up,

it was a picture of me and sonic.

I remember when this picture was taken, we all went out hiking together and me and sonic ended up going way ahead of them since they were so slow and taking forever, we soon made it up to the top of the hill and we decided that we would take a picture together at the top of the mountain. In the picture we were facing away from the edge so that you could see the view in the background, sonic said something kinda dumb before he took this picture to me and him we both mid laughing when he took it, luckily it didn't turn out blurry because of all the movement.

"I love you so much!" I raised my voice slightly before moving in to him and kissing him. He was a little surprised at first but kissed back, we soon parted and made our way over to the motorcycle, hopping on and putting our helmets on and driving away.

Finally done! Sorry that updates haven't been very consistent and have just been all over the place but hopefully they will be a little faster as I am on summer break. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the next one will be out hopefully soon.
-Mouse