Chapter 12

An hour later, Uther threw open the window to their bedroom. The night air was cool, but not as cold as the Gerudo Desert night, and with his heavy cloak, it felt like a summer day.

Carefully, making sure not to trip, he crawled out onto the roof, creeping across it and sliding down to get to the ground. All the windows were dark, and there was no noise coming from the house. Even Saria was asleep. Quietly, he made his way across the yard, and to the stables, to where Epona was. "Shh girl... it's okay. It's me, see" he soothed the older horse, beginning to saddle her up. Epona threw her head back and whinnied softly. "I know girl... but I promise, we'll be back soon" As if she understood, the horse quieted down as he lead her out of the stable. They would need to ride south... as fast as possible if he didn't want to be caught.

Within a minute, they were off across Hyrule Field, riding into the night.

For hours, it was smooth riding, there was nothing in sight except for one village, which was a few hours ride from the ranch, and he'd been to many times before. But, despite being tired and the urge to stop for a few hours, he continued, making his way across Hyrule Field as quickly as possible. There was only one thought on his mind. 

He had to find his twin sister.